VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. I forget that English is not your first language.

But do look up the meaning of 'theory' and 'facet'

2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Sorry. I forget that English is not your first language.

But do look up the meaning of 'theory' and 'facet'
    What about post #29 ?

Search Comp PM
    What about it ?

1. Assuming this is 4K I will not download nor can play it.
    2. Without a 'before' an 'after' is meaningless.

4. Banned
    Search PM
    What about it ?

1. Assuming this is 4K I will not download nor can play it.
    2. Without a 'before' an 'after' is meaningless.
    I thought that you live in the UK and not in the Central African Republic. So to play a 4K video is not a problem for you.

Search Comp PM
    Not everyone has the means to upgrade their system as often as they change their socks. Thank you !

6. Banned
    Search PM
    Not everyone has the means to upgrade their system as often as they change their socks. Thank you !
    How can you live without such motivators?

I'm eager to see and buy the next generation of the FDR camcorder .. if it will be a 8K version...
    Next month I will buy a 8K TV, because preparing for the next generation is a must be...

I can't understand you.

Sometimes, I even dreaming with my existing machines....shoting video or editing videos in my dreams. No Joke. Yesterday I dremed about that 8K version camcorder, it looked the same as present-day, but there were a 8K logo on the viewfinder. Ahhh.... I already pressed trhe record button of the imagined FDR 8K camcorder.... when the evil alarm clock woke me up to go to my workplace in a bank....and doing boring job : stock market analysis. I've never ever interested about econoics, I went to the university of economics, because it was my father's order, and my grandpa a great grandpa worked in that sector too... (I hate it)
    Last edited by Truthler; 19th Feb 2022 at 14:01.

Search Comp PM
    Not asking you to.

8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    I thought that you live in the UK and not in the Central African Republic. So to play a 4K video is not a problem for you.
    That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard.
    User Dellsam doesn't have humour to understand its real meaning. At least user DB83 got it immediatelly.

And, could you play the file?

Search Comp PM

(Just the bit you added AFTER my response)

Sometimes, I even dreaming with my existing machines....shoting video or editing videos in my dreams. No Joke. Yesterday I dremed about that 8K version camcorder, it looked the same as present-day, but there were a 8K logo on the viewfinder. Ahhh.... I already pressed trhe record button of the imagined FDR 8K camcorder.... when the evil alarm clock woke me up to go to my workplace in a bank....and doing boring job : stock market analysis. I've never ever interested about econoics, I went to the university of economics, because it was my father's order, and my grandpa a great grandpa worked in that sector too... (I hate it)

I take what you write with a large pinch of salt. Not any common or garden salt but good German-manufactured salt.

But if you are really sincere then my heart bleeds for you. If you really hate your job use your qualifications to find another. But no. Boring or not it funds your life and hobby.

Yet maybe one day you will awaken from one of your wet-dreams about the next big thing and find that health has interfered with your plans. Finding that after 30+ years of full-time employment with the same firm - never boring since no two days were really the same - illness (not life-threatening but still life-changing) prevents you from continuing and even when the forces that be decree that you are capable of work you know from your own research that any prospective employer will not consider you when they know your medical history. And also imagine that 'ground-hog day' lasts for over 15 years with life actually financed by debt. Now I am comfortable and free from debt but certainly not well-off. Comfortable that I only spend what I can afford and not get in to long-term debt

So next time you get on your soap-box and preach of what you have and what you will get next, consider more carefully that others are not so fortunate.

Rant over.

Search Comp PM
    BRitain or US before Germans? Are you serious?
    I find your geography blinder amusing. Quality is quality. I don't care if it's made in Botswana or Liechtenstein. Yes, there are odds ("3rd world"/"developing" vs. "developed" actually accomplishing something, and to quality), but US/UK/DE are really the same, all developed, all "the west". In "the east", you have Japan, Taiwan, and some others. I still remember when Singapore was the highest standard of blank optical media (followed by Japan). Not a country I'd really heard about before (aside from the US citizen caning incident decades ago), or since.

As an investor, I don't see many German stocks topping worldwide demand. No growth. Siemens, BASF, and some cars and car parts. Not really anything that stands out, no tech. Aside from cars, their top export, German companies overall haven't been the best at anything in a long time now. And I say that with sadness more than anything else. Most of their economy is cars and industrials, good GDP as a result, high export. These days, Zeiss is almost more known for its eyeglasses glass, and industrial applications glass (semiconductors, scopes, cars, etc). Not photo/camera. Semi is where the bulk of their income comes from. Photography has been a falling knife of profits in the past decade, due to phones. As a result, I don't see Zeiss making spectacular photo/video lenses, which makes sense since ROI is slimmer. Even Nikon and Canon eventually relented to cutting costs by manufacturing in places like Vietnam, and increasing prices. Even then, company profits shrank. Nikon is actually in bankruptcy scare mode these days. I wouldn't at all be surprised to learn that Zeiss photo/video lenses are money losers, and they do it out of some sense of history and pride.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/interchangeable-lens-market-100677
    Note: CAGR is expected to grow by 2026, but that includes auto (backup cameras, self-driving, etc.), phones, and "other".

Anyway, your geographic views are myopic and based on nothing.

find that health has interfered with your plans.
    - illness (not life-threatening but still life-changing) prevents you from continuing and even when the forces that be decree that you are capable of work you know from your own research that any prospective employer will not consider you when they know your medical history. And also imagine that 'ground-hog day' lasts for over 15 years
    I am comfortable and free from debt but certainly not well-off. Comfortable that I only spend what I can afford and not get in to long-term debt
    It seems we have much in common.

See my newest recording about some Dodge Srt cars.
    What was the point of this video?
    You're mostly bobbing up and down a sidewalk, walking like a drunk elephant.
    "Oh wow, cars at a gas station!"
    I know, I know. "But 4K!" Whoop-de-doo.

Your 2.9gb file makes for a nice 31mb file. Attached for others that don't want to download that ridiculously large file.

I think my video shooting skill outright sucks right now, but even I can do better than that. And until I can get decent at shooting, 4K is pointless. Even HD is pointless, but it doesn't go any lower.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 20th Feb 2022 at 21:47.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

Search PM
    Pretty sure he/she is just attempting to troll, or stir up sh!T, or ethno-brag, AGAIN, in order to divert attention from a public flub.

Scott

13. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    BRitain or US before Germans? Are you serious?
    I find your geography blinder amusing. Quality is quality. I don't care if it's made in Botswana or Liechtenstein. Yes, there are odds ("3rd world"/"developing" vs. "developed" actually accomplishing something, and to quality), but US/UK/DE are really the same, all developed, all "the west". In "the east", you have Japan, Taiwan, and some others. I still remember when Singapore was the highest standard of blank optical media (followed by Japan). Not a country I'd really heard about before (aside from the US citizen caning incident decades ago), or since.

As an investor, I don't see many German stocks topping worldwide demand. No growth. Siemens, BASF, and some cars and car parts. Not really anything that stands out, no tech. Aside from cars, their top export, German companies overall haven't been the best at anything in a long time now. And I say that with sadness more than anything else. Most of their economy is cars and industrials, good GDP as a result, high export. These days, Zeiss is almost more known for its eyeglasses glass, and industrial applications glass (semiconductors, scopes, cars, etc). Not photo/camera. Semi is where the bulk of their income comes from. Photography has been a falling knife of profits in the past decade, due to phones. As a result, I don't see Zeiss making spectacular photo/video lenses, which makes sense since ROI is slimmer. Even Nikon and Canon eventually relented to cutting costs by manufacturing in places like Vietnam, and increasing prices. Even then, company profits shrank. Nikon is actually in bankruptcy scare mode these days. I wouldn't at all be surprised to learn that Zeiss photo/video lenses are money losers, and they do it out of some sense of history and pride.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/interchangeable-lens-market-100677
    Note: CAGR is expected to grow by 2026, but that includes auto (backup cameras, self-driving, etc.), phones, and "other".

Anyway, your geographic views are myopic and based on nothing.

find that health has interfered with your plans.
    - illness (not life-threatening but still life-changing) prevents you from continuing and even when the forces that be decree that you are capable of work you know from your own research that any prospective employer will not consider you when they know your medical history. And also imagine that 'ground-hog day' lasts for over 15 years
    I am comfortable and free from debt but certainly not well-off. Comfortable that I only spend what I can afford and not get in to long-term debt
    It seems we have much in common.

See my newest recording about some Dodge Srt cars.
    What was the point of this video?
    You're mostly bobbing up and down a sidewalk, walking like a drunk elephant.
    "Oh wow, cars at a gas station!"
    I know, I know. "But 4K!" Whoop-de-doo.

Your 2.9gb file makes for a nice 31mb file. Attached for others that don't want to download that ridiculously large file.

I think my video shooting skill outright sucks right now, but even I can do better than that. And until I can get decent at shooting, 4K is pointless. Even HD is pointless, but it doesn't go any lower.
    It is funny, that you type your text with the help of CPU and GPU chips which were printed by a German printers.
    It is funny that you speak about high tech, when the newest wonder of our world, the James Webb space telescope relied at least 80% on German technology and precision. (Just its parts were assembled in US)
    About machine industry: Tesla is the only thing which prove that US can make other good stuff than Hamburger or Cola. The future of GM and Ford stuck since the 1970s, they are vegetating. Too bad, that even Musk admited that most of their machines and robots in the Tesla factories are also Germans...

What did you do with my stunning 4K video? You shrinked its resolution to 960X540, and overcompressed it! What a shame in an era, when even the 4K is not enough cool since long time!
    Last edited by Truthler; 21st Feb 2022 at 11:26.

14. How the hell are you not banned Turthler

15. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    How the hell are you not banned Turthler

Hush!
    Because I will tell you the secret: Unlike other members, I have never made personal attacks on other people.

Search Comp PM
    Even post #34 above could be construed to be a personal attack. Certainly there was no humour attached to it.

But one person's opinion is another person's percieved personal attack so you better not go down that road as you have in the past despite your 'whiter than white' denial right now.

17. Banned
    Search PM
    Even post #34 above could be construed to be a personal attack. Certainly there was no humour attached to it.

But one person's opinion is another person's percieved personal attack so you better not go down that road as you have in the past despite your 'whiter than white' denial right now.
    No no no.. these things are not so relative. Did you have legal studies......how a legal courts works in the case of defamations?

18. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I sure know that Germans are not dufus, I don't know what happens here? I'm starting to doubt Germans already.

19. Banned
    Search PM
    I sure know that Germans are not dufus, I don't know what happens here? I'm starting to doubt Germans already.
    I am German only in your FANTASY. Please do not generalize any nations by invented properties. It is not cool. You can criticize any products of any country (because products are just objects). Thank you!

Search Comp PM
    Got a law degree as well have you ?

But I guess not since you have already confused defamation with libel. And no I am not legally trained either. But a forum has rules and if a member thinks these rules are contravened to their detriment they have the right to report and let the forum administrators decide.

Or just ask why your topics were being regularily closed last year. And not just for going wildly 'off-topic' as you are still doing.

21. Banned
    Search PM

But I guess not since you have already confused defamation with libel. And no I am not legally trained either. But a forum has rules and if a member thinks these rules are contravened to their detriment they have the right to report and let the forum administrators decide.

Or just ask why your topics were being regularily closed last year. And not just for going wildly 'off-topic' as you are still doing.
    Defamation and libel, both happened against me on this forum, But I don't care about them, because in most cases, people who commit personal attacks are nervous. If it is good for them to be nervous (some strange people enjoying it, or can not live without it), than let they be. They had right to be nervous, it is not my psychological problem.
    Last edited by Truthler; 21st Feb 2022 at 13:18.

22. Banned
    Search PM

Because some people often like to generate off-topic posts in my topics. Maybe you know such people ....

Search Comp PM
    Yip. Try the author of reply #6 above. What Zeiss may or may not have done in other fields has ZILCH to do with this topic. And once you make such comments you have given others the right of reply.

24. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Because some people often like to generate off-topic posts in my topics. Maybe you know such people ....
    The truth is you're making a fool of yourself in your own topics, When you get called out on your bullshit you start doubling down on it and when that doesn't work you start derailing the topic and when that doesn't work you start acting like you are enjoying it, I'm pretty sure there is a name for it in the Psychology book.

25. Banned
    Search PM
    The truth is you're making a fool of yourself in your own topics, When you get called out on your bullshit you start doubling down on it and when that doesn't work you start derailing the topic and when that doesn't work you start acting like you are enjoying it, I'm pretty sure there is a name for it in the Psychology book.
    Fool? I don't think so. This topic is a mythbuster, in its very real sense. To tell the truth, it was suggested by a Sony camera service, because there were some microscopic sized spot on the coating in the non active parts of the lenses in both cameras, so small which can be visible in a very strong reflector light or iunder the sun. The serviceman said, if it so disturb me, they can remove the coating with 97% alcohol, and he said it won't have real consequences in picture quality. It neither affect warranty, because it is expired.

He also added: Coating on the front lenses are similar to the "static strip" (or earth belt) on the cars. In theory gasoline cars can detonate without it....but in practice almost nobody uses it...

I make fun of superstitions, like the importance of coating of the front lenses , which is rather an old business trick or urban legend of the manufacturers than reality. Even some old very experienced and advanced users like Cornucopia fell for this old trick. According to his own confession he has never tried it out, just because he heard (or imagined) that it is not a good thing. (Or even "destroys the lens") This is how business tricks and urban legends works from generation to generation. Maybe in some laboratories there is some "measurable" minimal difference, and even in theory, but in the practice it is meaningless.
    Last edited by Truthler; 21st Feb 2022 at 14:33.

26. Banned
    Search PM
    Yip. Try the author of reply #6 above. What Zeiss may or may not have done in other fields has ZILCH to do with this topic. And once you make such comments you have given others the right of reply.
    The "arguments" of post #6 was crased by my reply #11. I am a so-called "opinion champion", but a very polite one.
    Last edited by Truthler; 21st Feb 2022 at 14:41.

Search Comp PM
    It does not matter one iota who is right. The simple fact is that the topic went off on a tangent and you were responsible for that.

28. Banned
    Search PM
    It does not matter one iota who is right. The simple fact is that the topic went off on a tangent and you were responsible for that.
    Do you also have earth belt (static strip) on your car?

I always interested what is behind your (often flat) bitter humor. Now, I successfully know your story in a very sly way, and it worked. I believe that getting to know each other is definitely a community building force, even on an internet forum about videos.
    Last edited by Truthler; 21st Feb 2022 at 15:06.

Search Comp PM
    Car ? Like I said in that reply which you now claim you slyly made me write - you flatter yourself - I only buy what I can afford to pay for. A car does not come in to that category.

Sarcasm maybe. Humour never.

30. Banned
    Search PM
    Car ? Like I said in that reply which you now claim you slyly made me write - you flatter yourself - I only buy what I can afford to pay for. A car does not come in to that category.

Sarcasm maybe. Humour never.
    Sarcasm is an other word for bitter type of humour.

You said that you are somehow ill.... Why didn't you learn such professions, where the physical fitness is not so important? Programmer, or home office job in business... making money with your intellect. Etc.

My cousin dropped out of the first floor at the age of 3, survived, but became a wheelchair user. He graduated from the University Faculty of Programming and Mathematics and works in the United States.