VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The recent topic about the CED disk (something I had never heard of before) got me thinking.

But what got me thinking even more was something that arrived on my youtube home-page without any 'effort' on my part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvXXkB2jic0

There are some pretty rare 'beasts' here. Anyone used any of the obscure ones ? (well most of them can be regarded as obscure)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting video. I just zipped through it (will watch it completely later) and I had 8" LD and and still have a CD Video disc. No way to play it since I no longer have my LD players.

I suggest checking out Techmoan's channel as he also talks about obscure audio and video tech.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I remember when I held in my hands the Betacam large tape for the first time few years ago I felt like I'm living in a different world, I thought VHS was the biggest tape format ever until I saw that thing, The player I have though is smaller than a normal full size consumer VCR, pretty much the width of the tape itself. I posted a short video about it recently.
    Quote Quote