VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to download:
    https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/furia/1/furia-s1a1/
    Get:
    https://remix-cf-vrt.akamaized.net/remix/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493/remix.ism/.mpd

Change to:
    $youtube-dl https://remix-cf-vrt.akamaized.net/remix/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493/remix_aes.ism/.m3u8

Get:
    [generic] .m3u8: Requesting header
    WARNING: Could not send HEAD request to https://remix-cf-vrt.akamaized.net/remix/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493/remix_aes.ism/.m3u8: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
    [generic] .m3u8: Downloading webpage
    ERROR: Unable to download webpage: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error> (caused by URLError(error(0, 'Error'),))

Any solution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    both .mpd and m3u8 are drm protected, where the .m3u8 AES-128 Key doesn't seem to exist server side.

also for the m3u8 the correct url is: https://remix-cf-vrt.akamaized.net/remix/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493/remix.ism/.m3u8
    Last edited by gnodde; 13th Feb 2022 at 12:53. Reason: add correct url
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but is there a way?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Your best bet would be with the .mpd version and then see if you can get the Widevine license request to work in a tool like WKS-KEY ( I am not a user of that tool so can't help you there)
    The URL you want is the one that requests data from: https://media-services-public.vrt.be/media-aggregator/v2/media-items/ (it is much longer than this but there are variables so can't give you a copy paste example)

and the license request happens on url: https://widevine-proxy.drm.technology/proxy
    it is a bit of a tricky one as you need to send a json payload in your request.

I think the big question is, is it worth the trouble for the quality that VRT gives, you have other options online if you want to get this show is all i'm saying
    Last edited by gnodde; 13th Feb 2022 at 13:15. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
  5. To dowload the MPD
    The AES key shuld be in the m3u8 file
    #EXT-X-SESSION-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES,URI="skd://fairplay-license.vudrm.tech/v2/license/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493",KEYFORMAT="com.apple.streamingkeydel ivery",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1"
    #EXT-X-SESSION-KEY:METHOD=AES-128,URI="https://aes-license.vudrm.tech/v2/aes/getkey/vrt/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gnodde View Post

I think the big question is, is it worth the trouble for the quality that VRT gives, you have other options online if you want to get this show is all i'm saying
    Can you give me a hint how/where to get better quality?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Bonde
    Managed to download the 2 files, mp4 and m4a, scrambled. How to find and use the key?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sven32 View Post
    Originally Posted by gnodde View Post

Can you give me a hint how/where to get better quality?
    i'll send you a pm
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Bonde View Post
    To dowload the MPD
    The AES key shuld be in the m3u8 file
    #EXT-X-SESSION-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES,URI="skd://fairplay-license.vudrm.tech/v2/license/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493",KEYFORMAT="com.apple.streamingkeydel ivery",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1"
    #EXT-X-SESSION-KEY:METHOD=AES-128,URI="https://aes-license.vudrm.tech/v2/aes/getkey/vrt/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493"
    I get the downloading of the MPD and how to get to the last line of your post, but what's after that? How can you get the keys from there?
    When I try to open https://aes-license.vudrm.tech/v2/aes/getkey/vrt/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493 it gives a 'not found' error.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by sven32 View Post
    @Bonde
    Managed to download the 2 files, mp4 and m4a, scrambled. How to find and use the key?
    try this key - it works for me when i download the encrypted audio and video from the mpd
    --key 43b8e1400c04b4fc56c10068feaa2672:6732e046a09112f26 a4d7d2ca1ec5813

ie.
    Code:
    format: mp4decrypt --key <kid:key> <input - encrypted file> <output - decrypted filename>
    mp4decrypt --key 43b8e1400c04b4fc56c10068feaa2672:6732e046a09112f26a4d7d2ca1ec5813 encrypted_video.mp4 decrypted_video.mp4
    mp4decrypt --key 43b8e1400c04b4fc56c10068feaa2672:6732e046a09112f26a4d7d2ca1ec5813 encrypted_audio.m4a decrypted_audio.m4a
    then join with ffmpeg
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i decrypted_video.mp4 -i decrypted_audio.m4a -c copy episode.mp4
    but gnodde makes a good point
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hehehihi View Post
    good work, i was just about to post the same keys.
    maybe you can grab the keys for episode 2 then?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
    @Bonde
    try this key - it works for me when i download the encrypted audio and video from the mpd

ie.
    Code:
    format: mp4decrypt --key <kid:key> <input - encrypted file> <output - decrypted filename>
    mp4decrypt --key 43b8e1400c04b4fc56c10068feaa2672:6732e046a09112f26a4d7d2ca1ec5813 encrypted_video.mp4 decrypted_video.mp4
    mp4decrypt --key 43b8e1400c04b4fc56c10068feaa2672:6732e046a09112f26a4d7d2ca1ec5813 encrypted_audio.m4a decrypted_audio.m4a
    then join with ffmpeg
    Code:
    How did you find the keys starting from the Headers tab on https://aes-license.vudrm.tech/v2/aes/getkey/vrt/0f049f34-6e87-42d6-888b-c76e570e5493 ?
    It's great that you give the solution, but I want to learn how to do it myself for other VRT programs.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks ElCap, episode 1 saved...now the rest of the season... can you give a hint how to find the keys?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
    @Bonde

ie.
    Code:
    then join with ffmpeg
    Code:

So sorry to bump a thread this old, but I have been reading through this thread for over 2 hours now and it's driving me crazy!
    I have downloaded the encrypted files, as explained above.
    How do you find the key? I have no idea how to begin and can't make heads or tails of it..

I'm trying to download this episode:
    https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/chantal/1/chantal-s1a1/

I found this session key:
    Code:
    #EXT-X-SESSION-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES,URI="skd://fairplay-license.vudrm.tech/v2/license/d1327393-f47e-4190-ba08-835e6848842a",KEYFORMAT="com.apple.streamingkeydelivery",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1"
    But I am unable to continue once I get to this point.
    I have tried searching for other threads on various websites to assist me, but I came up empty

Thanks in advance and sorry again to bump this thread, I just thought it would be stupid to open a new thread when it is clearly a continuation of this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    googling "vrt site:forum.videohelp.com" gives you this thread among others:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/400719-Download-VRTNU
    i don't know if it still works but try it
    they get the link by opening devtools, selecting the network tab, putting "mpd" in the searchbox and then relaoding the episode page and playing the video, then they replace the ".ism/.mpd" in the link with "_aes.ism/.m3u8" and get a drm free link that can be downloaded using n_m3u8dl, maybe yt-dlp too, i don't know if it's supported, i'm not that good at any of this lol

if this easy method doesn't work then you need a working CDM from an android device which has android 7-9 (phone, tablet, tv-box, anything that is running android and can play netflix or similar drm videos I guess)
    read this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/404994-Decryption-and-the-Temple-of-Doom
    then you need WKS-KEYS: https://cdm-project.com/cdm-tools/wks-keys
    and then you need to know what to do with those which is something I can't help you with since the only site i know how to rip keys from only requires trivially easy to find pssh and license link without any damn headers lol
    Quote Quote  
  16. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply!

I have tried this, but I get the error that the media is DRM protected. The m3u8 trick doesn't seem to work anymore.

I have started setting up my own CDM using that thread you posted, just after posting my reply on this thread. I have managed to install the frida server on an old phone I had lying around, but it crashes as soon as I start the service. This means the dumper is not able to connect.
    I will try setting up a VM running android 9 and see if I can get it to work like that. I have a MiBox as well, but it has been updated to android 10 I think so from what I've read, this won't work anymore, also I'd have to look into getting that rooted in the first place. A VM seems to be easier to setup.

The last part, needing to know what to do with those keys and the requests to the content server, is something I hoped I could get a pointer in the right direction. It seems several people here are able to extract the keys and know what to do with them. I don't need to be spoonfed, I like a challenge but it would be nice to have a gentle push in the right direction
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hey, has anyone been able to find out how to get the keys? I'm using WKS-Keys but I can't get it to work because the license server it obfuscated by this proxy "https://widevine-proxy.drm.technology/proxy".
    Quote Quote  
  18. psaframe
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Blade4457 View Post
    Hey, has anyone been able to find out how to get the keys? I'm using WKS-Keys but I can't get it to work because the license server it obfuscated by this proxy "https://widevine-proxy.drm.technology/proxy".
    You need custome script to get keys not just wks-script
    Quote Quote  
  19. Any idea where to get this script?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    @Bonde

ie.
    Code:
    then join with ffmpeg
    Code:

Hi there,
    Since you are able to find the keys, it seems, can I just ask you this:
    If I am able to extract Widevine L3 keys from a device, will that be able to download video's from VRT.nu at a higher resolution that 480p?
    I ordered the TV box Angela mentioned in her thread, so I'm as close as possible to her instructions. I have messed with Android VM's and 2 older phones, but they either lack DRM certification or are too slow to reliably run the frida server and playback content...

If you have any other advice asa to where I should be looking or what I could try, please do tell.

Either way, thanks a lot. I have my work cut out for me
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Karoolus View Post
    If I am able to extract Widevine L3 keys from a device, will that be able to download video's from VRT.nu at a higher resolution that 480p?
    yes L3 cdm works for all resolutions for vrt
    the content ranges from 540p to 1080p afaik

Originally Posted by Karoolus View Post
    I ordered the TV box Angela mentioned in her thread, so I'm as close as possible to her instructions. I have messed with Android VM's and 2 older phones, but they either lack DRM certification or are too slow to reliably run the frida server and playback content...

If you have any other advice asa to where I should be looking or what I could try, please do tell.
    android studio works well for me
    Quote Quote  
  22. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM

Okay, thanks a lot!
    Should I just cancel the TV box then, if Android Studio works? I was only trying to stay as close as possible to Angela's setup. Other people were reporting success in that same thread. I will give Android Studio a go right now and depending on the outcome I'll return or keep the TV box.

How long did it take you to figure out how to do this? I'm usually quite good at this kind of stuff but I feel kinda out of depth right now haha
    Anyway, thanks for the clarification! Studio is installing so I'll give that a go asap.

Edit: I have managed to extract the keys from Android Studio. Now comes the harder part! If you wouldn't mind giving a slight nudge in the right direction? Just a general direction I should follow is plenty and much appreciated!

Edit: I have managed to extract keys from VRT.nu through GetWVKeys.cc Discord. I have also managed to download and decrypt an episode.
    Last edited by Karoolus; 3rd Nov 2022 at 05:15.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Karoolus View Post

Okay, thanks a lot!
    Should I just cancel the TV box then, if Android Studio works? I was only trying to stay as close as possible to Angela's setup. Other people were reporting success in that same thread. I will give Android Studio a go right now and depending on the outcome I'll return or keep the TV box.

How long did it take you to figure out how to do this? I'm usually quite good at this kind of stuff but I feel kinda out of depth right now haha
    Anyway, thanks for the clarification! Studio is installing so I'll give that a go asap.

Edit: I have managed to extract the keys from Android Studio. Now comes the harder part! If you wouldn't mind giving a slight nudge in the right direction? Just a general direction I should follow is plenty and much appreciated!

Edit: I have managed to extract keys from VRT.nu through GetWVKeys.cc Discord. I have also managed to download and decrypt an episode.
    Hey Karoolus, could you explain how you managed to do this? Did you use "https://license.theoplayer.com/" or "https://widevine-proxy.drm.technology/proxy" as the license server? And did you leave the proxy field blank or not?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM

Okay, thanks a lot!

Hey Karoolus, could you explain how you managed to do this? Did you use "https://license.theoplayer.com/" or "https://widevine-proxy.drm.technology/proxy" as the license server? And did you leave the proxy field blank or not?
    l'm still figuring out stuff, but I used getwvkeys
    I will post an update as soon as I have a working script
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Karoolus View Post

Okay, thanks a lot!

Looking forward to it
    Quote Quote  
  26. So sorry to bump a thread this old, but I have been reading through this thread for over 2 hours now and it's driving me crazy!
    I have downloaded the encrypted files, as explained above.
    How do you find the key? I have no idea how to begin and can't make heads or tails of it..

I'm trying to download this episode:
    https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/chantal/1/chantal-s1a1/

I found this session key:
    Code:
    #EXT-X-SESSION-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES,URI="skd://fairplay-license.vudrm.tech/v2/license/d1327393-f47e-4190-ba08-835e6848842a",KEYFORMAT="com.apple.streamingkeydelivery",KEYFORMATVERSIONS="1"
    But I am unable to continue once I get to this point.
    I have tried searching for other threads on various websites to assist me, but I came up empty

Thanks in advance and sorry again to bump this thread, I just thought it would be stupid to open a new thread when it is clearly a continuation of this thread.

Hello, could you explain to me how you managed to obtain the keys, I am trying to obtain keys with similar links.
    Quote Quote  
  27. psaframe
    Search PM

Okay, thanks a lot!

There is already working custom script in getwvkeys discord
    You just need to check "scripts section" there & you will getting what you are looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by naim2007 View Post

Okay, thanks a lot!

There is already working custom script in getwvkeys discord
    You just need to check "scripts section" there & you will getting what you are looking for.
    I'm stuck using this script. It worked for me in the past, but now I can't figure it out, maybe something changed...
    I think I was able to get the pssh with Axinom tools from the content ID (as explained in discord), but i'm confused about which payload token to use.
    I tried using the one under 'network' tab in chrome dev tools. I filter for tokens and then payload. There I take 'identityToken'. Is that correct?

Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lovelybloodflow View Post
    I'm stuck using this script. It worked for me in the past, but now I can't figure it out, maybe something changed...
    I think I was able to get the pssh with Axinom tools from the content ID (as explained in discord), but i'm confused about which payload token to use.
    I tried using the one under 'network' tab in chrome dev tools. I filter for tokens and then payload. There I take 'identityToken'. Is that correct?

Any help is appreciated!

You can find it here:
    [Attachment 67685 - Click to enlarge]

Dev Tools, Network, find "proxy", then under the Payload tab, you will find the token
    Quote Quote