VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am backing up my 8mm Tapes to my PC. I have a Samsung VP-L700 (old) Camcorder and my PC running windows 7.

I use Roxio - Media Import - for importing the tapes.

Using an S- Video cable between the PC and Camcorder - it transfers the Video but no Audio.

When I google why and check the manual - I am advised that - Audio needs to be transferred separately - and the only option I have is from the A/V Out port on the Camcorder. And on the PC I have a PCI M779 card.

What are my options / What t cable do I need to buy?
    Pictures attached for reference - of PCI card and of AV Out Jack plug on Camera. Thank you.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    s-vid ports and cables only carry video. you need to use the red and white rca jacks for audio. that card has what looks like a stereo mic type jack input for audio. i'd try a cable that takes the red and white rca plugs and converts to male stereo mic jack.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to the user manual, that camcorder uses a combined audio + video proprietory cable. It should have been in the box so I guess you have mislaid it.

The following claims to work for your camcorder.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223712458166?hash=item34164d35b6:g:IRwAAOSwWAhcLOzF

However, since the connector also carries video there may be a conflict between the s-video and the composite carried by this cable.

But before you buy this I would check from another RCA cablle that the connector does indeed fit your capture card.

Audio will only be mono from the camcorder.
    Quote Quote