VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

Editing a video using the above software is easy with minimum knowledge required. The same doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to audio! I've tried going through various how-to's to discover something very simple, but I am none the wiser?

All I want to do is mute about one second of unwanted noise in the middle of an MKV file?????

HELP
    Quote Quote  
  2. Extract the audiostream with mkvcleaver, modify it with an audioeditor (ge audacity) and remux it then with mkvtoolnix
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have tmpg authoring works which is limited when compared to mastering works, but this is how I would go about it:
    I would duplicate the clip 3 times and edit/cut/split each clip. So clip 1 would be the start of your file to right before the noise you want to mute occurs. Clip 2 would be the section of noise. Clip 3 would be after the noise to the end of your file.

Select clip 2 and select the filters tab (may also be listed as “audio filters”). Find volume adjustment in the list and take it to 0%. This should mute clip 2

When choosing your output file make sure “save as one file” is selected

I also found this basic guide to help with mastering works:
    https://researchguides.case.edu/editav/video

ProWos reply is much easier, but if you have to use tmpg mastering you can try what I listed
    Last edited by mazinz; 6th Feb 2022 at 13:18.
    Quote Quote