VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dears,

i am unable to correctly process subtitles from BD during encoding using HandBrake Version 1.3.3 (2020061300) (for macOS).

inside the program, under Subtitle tab i selected desired subtitles from track column then optionally uncheck or check the options "Forced Only" "Default" (Option "Burned in" i always unchecked).

After the encode i have usually two results:

- Subtitles are visible under menu option but wont display in the movie while playing
    - Subtitles are visible under menu option but they display during the movie 20% higher on the screen (position)

Note: Yes, i have automatically cropped during the encoding the upper and bottom black bars

Any suggestion how to rip the BD and to have the subtitles displayed correctly and always visible?

Thank you

Kind Regards,
    VLP
    Last edited by vlp_007; 3rd Feb 2022 at 03:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vlp_007 View Post
    Dears,

i am unable to correctly process subtitles from BD during encoding using HandBrake Version 1.3.3 (2020061300) (for macOS).

inside the program, under Subtitle tab i selected desired subtitles from track column then optionally uncheck or check the options "Forced Only" "Default" (Option "Burned in" i always unchecked).

After the encode i have usually two results:

- Subtitles are visible under menu option but wont display in the movie while playing
    - Subtitles are visible under menu option but they display during the movie 20% higher on the screen (position)

Note: Yes, i have automatically cropped during the encoding the upper and bottom black bars

Any suggestion how to rip the BD and to have the subtitles displayed correctly and always visible?

Thank you

Kind Regards,
    VLP
    try check burn in then uncheck default - https://www.reddit.com/r/handbrake/comments/mpq9uc/cant_burn_in_subtitles/
    also see this thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/handbrake/comments/mv4l7o/subtitlesagain/
    Last edited by october262; 3rd Feb 2022 at 05:10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It sounds, that "Burned in" means to have subtitles directly burned into the movie screen. I dont want this. I want to decide if i will enable them or not during playing the movie.

Is there any tool that will extract the subs from BD and then process them, add them later via MKVtoolnix and all will be ok again?
    Last edited by vlp_007; 3rd Feb 2022 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote