VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i am watching an old anime series

the problem is that when the scene changes often some discoloration occurs on the top of the screen or at the bottom. this is an example:-
    [Attachment 63161 - Click to enlarge]

it shows for an instant and there is a flicker when the scene changes and it's a bit annoying. if you want to see what i mean this watch this episode https://9anime.se/watch/captain-tsubasa-2314?ep=54174 from 11:20 to 11:35

i want to ask is it possible to clean the video and remove those artifacts? if yes then how?
    Last edited by cns00; 2nd Feb 2022 at 01:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, it's possible, it takes a lot of work, and you'll have to learn AviSynth to do the job.
    Quote Quote  
  3. what do you mean by a lot of work? do i have to manually find each artifact and remove it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. A quick and easy fix would be to just crop the disturbed area off, or mask it with black borders. Of course you would loose that part in the healthy frames as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by cns00 View Post
    what do you mean by a lot of work? do i have to manually find each artifact and remove it?
    Not necessarily, although I do. If it's on every scene change, both before and after, then this should work:
    A=Last
    prev = A.selectevery(1,-1)
    next = A.selectevery(1,1)
    SCclean = A.SCSelect(next,prev,A,dfactor=2.0) # 2.0 ~ 5.0

return(SCclean)

That will replace both the frame before and the frame after the scene changes with the good frames next to them. You might have to play with the dfactor value. And you'll need either the RemoveDirt.dll or the RemoveDirtS.Dll. I needed RemoveDirtS.dll just now when testing. Thanks to Didee for this old script.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote