VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I use professionaly and on a daily-basis a certain software (BioExplorer) which has a specific feature that enables me to load and play video files (so that these files may be used in parallel with other features from this very same software).

Usually, when I feel in the need of using of using this feature (related to the execution of video files), I personally like to use specific videos (based of fractal animations, downloaded from youtube) which in turn possess VERY high quality (like 4k definition or at least 1080p, and also 60 fps or at least 30 fps).

Originally, the format from those videos that I've downloaded are in mp4, however, due to some "technical issues", it is simply not possible to properly execute mp4 files on this software (BioExplorer)... on the other hand, the same problem does not occur whether the video file extension is on AVI/MPG/WMV, for example.

Since a very high quality/definition for those videos represents an indispensable aspect for me, I've made some attempts on converting "perfectly" (that is, with the same/very similar quality/definition attributes) those mp4 videos to the AVI/MPG/WMV formats, but unfortunately with no success.

For those failed attempts of mine, I’ve been using the “Format Factory” software. Until now, I’ve tried to apply a lot of different combinations of output settings (see image attatched), however I simply could not find out the ideal set of options (that would allow me to maintain the original quality/definition from the mp4 video files).

I am aware that there are other software options out there regarding video conversion much better than Format Factory, but regardless, could anyone here please guide me on performing lossless quality/definition conversions from mp4 to AVI/MPG/WMV?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno.

[Attachment 63155 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks like "BioExplorer" does not support anything above SD (standard definition). It's not even HD capable, not to mention nowadays 4K ..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @buzz1891, I am afraid that the link you provided solely refers to the "DVD option". Basically, long time ago when DVDs where still "a thing", it was possible to load and execute DVD media f(rom the CD/DVD drive) in parallel with BioExplorer.

However, in BioExplorer there is also a feature where you actually load video files on the appropriate BioExplorer's design element related to "video containers".

I know this seems strange, but I actually remember that sometime in the past I could load those high-definition mp4 video files of mine to this very same "video container", but, for some reason, I am not being able to do so (with mp4 files) anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SOLVED:

@buzz1891, thank you for submiting that BE's link... I've just installed the provided DScaler installer (which I thought I'd already installed in my PC but didn't lol ) and now I am once again being able to execute my high-quality mp4 files!!

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you!
    Quote Quote