VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Been using these two since 2008 on both my Intel Q6600 without issues.

MPC-HC.1.9.19.x64.exe
    MPC-BE.1.6.1.6845.x64.exe

Recently built a new PC with Alder Lake i5-12600K with build in IGPU Intel HD 770, and now both players would play the video for 1 or 2 secs and gone black/blank but sounds continues.

I tried removing MpcVideoRenderer as well as madVR, still no go, both players are always using H/W IGPU.

What can I try, and how does one disable H/W GPU acceleration in both MPC-BC and MPC-HC?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the last thing I need is to install another codec pack.

I just couldn't find where to "turn off" H/W GPU acceleration in both MPC-HC and MPC-BE.

VLC plays everything just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I had a similar problem where VLC stutters and displays broken picture and MPC-HC plays everything perfectly, After installing that pack both work flawlessly now. You can always uninstall it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    I had a similar problem where VLC stutters and displays broken picture and MPC-HC plays everything perfectly, After installing that pack both work flawlessly now. You can always uninstall it.
    I got it working finally, lol.

Somehow, my video renderer was switched to Enhanced Video Renderer (Custom presenter) instead of MPC Video Renderer, all good now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. seems there is a bug or broken with iGPU of 12th / Alder Lake, I've the 12600K with same Intel HD 770 , EVR CP & HW LAV decode works here but no overlays informations are displayed , no overlay for Play/Pause or Subtitles.
    VLC is ok.
    MPC HC even cannot play somes 4k HEVC 10bits two = weird video.

bypassing Intel HD 770 with an old pcie GeForce 210 , overlays Play/Pause & Subtitles works immediatly and some 4k hev 10bits play fine too.

edited : MpcVideoRenderer from https://github.com/Aleksoid1978/VideoRenderer/releases fix my problem of "Play/Pause" overlay & weird video on some 4k hevc 10bits. HW acceleration D3D11 is OK.
    Last edited by sonic9; 11th Mar 2022 at 16:00. Reason: updated , fixed with MpcVideoRenderer
    Quote Quote