VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    While burning a whole album of pictures (personal and family), I noticed that on the burned disk, dates of folders and filed changed to current date.
    It is important for me to keep the original dates.
    Checked several burning programs with same results.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Motim.

Win 10, 20H2, 19042.1466 x64
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Put the date within the folder's name.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm not seeing that behaviour when using ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am assuming you copy your files into a folder for your proiject to save you original files as originals.

Windows like to assume when you copy, especially to another drive or folder, that the file is 'New' to that area. You can move and the properfties should stay the same but then you lose you orignal file since it is now part of your project.. Another way is to download TeraCopy. Like ImgBurn it handles copy and move differently than Windows. I have version 2.3 beta 2 and it doesn't change the dates.

If you want to do it the long way, just download SKTimeStamp. It adds and extra time tab in the windows properties. As i said you can use this to change each copy in your project or use one of the listed programs that do not change the dates
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you are familiar with Robocopy , this command should copy all files(videos,....etc ) with their original date and time
    robocopy /e /timfix /dcopy:t c:\source d:\destination
    and If you are not familiar with Robocopy , GUI alternatives to Robocopy like Teracopy , Goodsync,Gs Richcopy 360 and Carbonite should copy your data with preserving the timestamps easily
    Quote Quote