VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Well after spending a hell of a lot of time trying to create a Mini-DVD I have a few questions.
    (please no smartasses telling me to use the guide as Ive tried the guide on this site-dont work and on doom9.org-software not available)

1) Can BBmpeg multiplex AC3 & MP2 video to create a DVD standard stream. As when I create a new stream neither spruce up or Movie factory accept it.
    Spruce up accepts the AC3 and MP2 streams seperately but I can not add a delay offset to the audio stream.
    Maybe someone can give me some settings for BBmpeg as using the settings from the guide on this site doesnt work.

2) Does anyone know of a multiplexer that can create a standard DVD stream for AC3 & MP2 video which is accepted by an authoring program.

3) Anyone know where I can get hold of a demo version of streamweaver as this is not available anymore.

4) Anyone got a guide that works?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppppp!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    Someone??
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1) Yes, BBmpeg will mux as a .vob file. This file will be accepted by DVD Wise. In order to author in DVD mode appropiately. It will also be accepted as a valid .vob file by IFOedit which in turn will create the appropiately needing .ifo & .bup files. Then you can burn using Nero in UDF/ISO9660 Bridge mode.

2)BBmpeg & Streamweaver. All other multplexers are usually included in DVD burning software as well. These 2 are the only standalone multiplexers.

3)No. I do remember offhand that it is incorporated into another DVD authoring software. But it slips my mind at the moment.

4)I followed Doom's guide, http://doom9.org/mpg/dvd_wise.htm, with no problems. I use to do miniDVD. But I learn that SVCD offers more space per disk. So I traded miniDVD in for SVCD because it allows for very good video & very good Dolby Surround (when done right). MiniDVD while yes it allows for superb 5.1 sound, however the video quality will be around %35 less than what SVCD can offer you. And for me, the reg. dolby sound was good enough, and if I truly wanted the 5.1 that bad, I'll just go spend 20 bucks and get the DVD. Because one can truly only enjoy 5.1 sound with DVD standard video. (opinionated statement obviously). As for finding the software, scour the net hard, it is out there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Thanks IŽll give it a try
    Quote Quote