VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread
  1. I downloaded some of .mpd by using yt-dlp and succesfully get the keys by notaghost site. (Thanks.) The site found 5 keys always as it should (1 audio + 4 video) but I don't know the exact key for the files. Let say I downloaded 4th line from mpd but the keys for that sometimes in 4th line other times 2,3,1 on the site. It is keep changing. Is there easy solution to find exact key? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe KID is in the mpd for each resolution?
    Another way would be to download the init file for your resolution, and check KID with mp4dump.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @yarrak

    Not to worry. When it comes time to decrypt, send all kid:key pairs in one call.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jack_666 View Post
    Not to worry. When it comes time to decrypt, send all kid:key pairs in one call.
    I saw it mentioned many times, never really tried that. What happens when you feed more kid:keys to mp4decrypt?
    It figures out the proper one by matching the proper KID (that happens fast?) and only uses that one to decrypt?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by yarrak View Post
    I downloaded some of .mpd by using yt-dlp and succesfully get the keys by notaghost site. (Thanks.) The site found 5 keys always as it should (1 audio + 4 video) but I don't know the exact key for the files. Let say I downloaded 4th line from mpd but the keys for that sometimes in 4th line other times 2,3,1 on the site. It is keep changing. Is there easy solution to find exact key? Thanks.
    You can just pass multiple keys and mp4decrypt will automatically use the correct one.

    mp4decrypt --key kid:key --key kid2:key2 enc.mp4 dec.mp4

    Or if you really want to use the correct one, just match the kid
    Quote Quote  
  6. [ss]vegeta wrote

    It figures out the proper one by matching the proper KID (that happens fast?) and only uses that one to decrypt?
    It figures out the proper one by matching the proper KID ... correct

    that happens fast? ... how fast is fast? let's say fast enough that you do not notice

    only uses that one to decrypt .... correct
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jack_666 View Post
    @yarrak

    Not to worry. When it comes time to decrypt, send all kid:key pairs in one call.
    Thanks that worked well. Didnt know.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads