VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I using "subtitle edit" app to convert PGS to srt. in this example there is a word "ANNIE"

but app read it as "ANN IH". in inspect compare matches option how can i remove the space between "ANN" and "lH". any help please?

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/cuRJKjl.png
    Last edited by iKron; 24th Jan 2022 at 20:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1) "Prompt for unknown words" should be checked when doing binary comparison or nOCR.
    2) Increase "No pixels is space" till you don't get any false spaces.
    Quote Quote  
  3. increase pixels space worked fine. but other few word making trouble.
    anyway what is the difference between binary comparison or nOCR?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey there. I'm coming back to this old post because I think I might be able to help with your Subtitle edit OCR training issue. One solution you could try is to manually train the OCR engine. To do this, you need to highlight the word "ANNIE" in the image, right-click and select "OCR training". Then, you can enter the correct text, "ANNIE" and have the app learn from your correction. Alternatively, you could consider using an OCR service that has been specifically designed for automatic and eco-friendly document scanning and OCR like this one https://smartengines.com/. This might give you more accurate results, especially if you have a lot of text that needs to be converted. Just a thought! Hope this still helps.
    Last edited by PatienceReed; 19th Feb 2023 at 21:16.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PatienceReed View Post
    Hey there. I'm coming back to this old post because I think I might be able to help with your Subtitle edit OCR training issue. One solution you could try is to manually train the OCR engine. To do this, you need to highlight the word "ANNIE" in the image, right-click and select "OCR training". Then, you can enter the correct text, "ANNIE" and have the app learn from your correction.
    Are you a bot powered by ChatGPT, what you see here below?
    Code:
              __
         w  c(..)o   (
          \__(-)    __)
              /\   (
             /(_)___)
             w /|
              | \
              m  m
    Quote Quote