VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I was generating a video encoded in PCM audio from a wav audio file using the PCM Coder script and I found out that MPC-HC plays the videos with sound although there is no audio track in the video, Not sure if k-lite codec making this possible or just a feature that you won't find out about unless you try it, or the PCM coder generates a tag for the MPC-HC to playback the video with audio. So far none of the famous media players I tried have been able to playback audio for that videos including VLC and Windows media player.

The video files generated are huge because it uses lossless AVI in full broadcast NTSC standard 525 lines (720x525), I've attached a sample of 22 seconds @ 366MB. I know, those files are intended to be recorded on a VHS tape or similar format as video using a hardware PCM encoder, This is just a fun experiment.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by dellsam34; 17th Jan 2022 at 02:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Probably there is a "Kylie Minogue - Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi.WAV" file in the same directory and you just didn't notice it.

I mean: goto "Options" --> "Playback" --> "Auto-load audio files".
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 17th Jan 2022 at 04:56. Reason: clarity
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You're right I deleted the wav file and MPC-HC can no longer playback the audio in the video file, What a bummer ! I'm glad the mistery is solved.
    Quote Quote