VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'll try to make a screen shot of what I see on this old job I had been frustrated on.
    If you look at the Subtitle Edit Window, this sub that I got to add into a play shows all even
    timings in increment of 5. This is not normal where the timings should vary by line. What did the
    original owner do to it?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	all 5's.png
Views:	26
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	62937  

Quote Quote  
  2. Try this
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try this

For some reason your link does not open. Can you give a verbal description...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try this

For some reason your link does not open. Can you give a verbal description...
    Pardon me, my error. The link went straight to download. Then I put the srt in SubtitleEdit.

I don't know what the change instruction you are getting at is.
    Last edited by loninappleton; 17th Jan 2022 at 12:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've come back to this after using SE a while now. Is your meaning to recode the times based on the audio position-- here in the red?
    Or use the text element in the audio window as start and stop points? I could try a clip of that and see if it works. It looks like a job to do by hand for each line. I'm doing that now with a different play.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'll continue on this thread for the issue. From what is above I'm trying to change the start time end time and duration.
    Lots of overlap errors and I cannot seem to just advance to the next time stamp.

Second part of this question is: Can I hit some recalc that changes all from the point of new edit?

I'm just staring at it and wondering what to do with the complete timestamp errors on it. Just say what the solution is in words.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle edit/Tools/fix common errors.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I did run fix common errors but most remain without some guidance.
    At the beginning of file I was able to get the first subtitle which I have marked as "barnyard noises" to set a baseline.

Then there is an entry from the origianl marked "music."

The dialog begins after all these introductory elements which I am simply enhancing as in CC subtitles.

I'm confused about the difference between end time and duration. Changing the duration gave a desired effect for the baseline entry. Am I correct in looking to make adjustments from the audio graph?
    Quote Quote