VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I want to know if its possible (with a workaround) to control de proc amp settings of the capture card in virtualdub via a "control surface" (a joystick with joytokey...) without launching the windows of this option in virtualdub.

What I want to do, is having a joystick that can let me color correct the capture before launching it.

If not, is there a capture card that can control the brightness, contrast, rgb independently of virtual dub?

Thanks

https://joytokey.net/en/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well Im using a soft called "Crossbar Thing" and it launch in the same time that virtualdub with a bat file,

my problem now is to know if in windows, is it possible to control options of any software via keyboard, like creating my own shortcut for any option, but I dont think its possible.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So you're using Graph Edit or Graph Studio Next to bring up crossbar filter and proc amp? You should be able to left click on any of the proc amp sliders then use the keyboard to adjust it while VirtualDub is capturing/previewing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the answer,

in short, what I'm looking to do is to control parameters accessible in virtualdub via the keyboard or a joystick without having to open any option window.
    In music softwares, there is often the midi learn option which allows to assign any midi signal to a physical controller, I'm looking to do something similar...
    Quote Quote