VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have since organized renamed files on my main hard drive but have a secondary that contains many of the same video/photos I would like to scan/delete any duplicate files from the secondary and keep the primary. In some cases I have cropped some so they would not show up as exact duplicates so ideally a duplicate finder that has an easy to use UI which will group together any duplicates even partial I can then manually review/delete. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I know there are a ton of results/options in search but so many its overwhelming some are older and maybe bias, figured I would get most update/honest recommendations in this forum? thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use a freeware program called Anti-Twin.

It can do a byte-by-byte and a pixel-by-pixel file compare. You can even set the sensitivity as a percentage so that if two or more files match by 80%, for example, it will flag them up.

Afterwards, it will present you with a results windows showing the duplicates where you can select what to do with them (ie delete them directly, move them to a specific folder etc).
    Quote Quote  
  4. See here
    https://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwduplicatefinders.html

Find.Same.Images.OK is quite handy as it also allows to define a similarity level.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    For my tasks I found CloneSpy as most suitable.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had good success with Alldup.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thank you for everyones suggestions, I found the software called "Czkawka" which has worked amazingly for me so far and even has a "similar images" comparer/search, the only feature its missing would be nice is a "similar video" comparer/search like I see is available in the paid program "video comparer".

one of the other softwares on my cleaning to-do list is my emails an "outlook duplicate finder" software, one that will not only find exact duplicates but also less exact duplicates that may be addressed to different emails or I have the original email but was also forwarded an exact copy after the fact that I don't need etc.

Thanks again and hope everyones new year is going well.
    Quote Quote