VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have photos/videos that contain a particular person such as my mother or father which I cannot even find because of the tens of thousands of other unorganized photos mixed in. I'd like to run a facial recognition software on my photos/videos folder to find particular people that I can mark in the metadata similar to how Facebook implants/identifies particular people in photos and the location/date the photo/video was taken if available etc then I can do more precise search of my photo/videos folder containing particular people (ie can create a database of known faces/names and run a script that identifies file to contain only 1 or multiple known people and marks them as such for easy searching).

A program like this would be a game changer for people consolidating/organizing family photos/videos if you could combine all your files into a folder create a face/name database of known people and then run a script bam implant the names of people into the files metadata, decades of memories organized and easily searched.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    ahh, I'm talking about organizing family memories 10's maybe 100k photo/video collection not identifying/catelogueing every human on the planet :P

like many expensive softwares maybe a copycat freeware version can be made for personal use family photos/videos maybe the AI not as perfect and may miss identifying a few lesser quality/matches to given baseline photo.

I was really hoping considering the personal use/benefit it would have one day in the near future we may see something catered towards that crowd rather than corporate/legal uses.

If an aspiring programmer was looking for a project that could be helpful to their resume and can get their hands on a basic for personal use non proprietary facial recognition algorithm program a fairly basic ui think it would be worth it, food for thought
    Last edited by imaginethat; 9th Jan 2022 at 17:25.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OpenCV is the only free thing i know that could help here:
    https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2018/09/24/opencv-face-recognition/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Delete.
    Last edited by Alwyn; 10th Jan 2022 at 05:55.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is https://www.resourcespace.com/pricing# free edition - personally i don't like idea to upload private stuff to cloud but perhaps is worth to try...
    Quote Quote