VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a recording with constant clicks, I guess the uploader set something wrongly when capturing from the VHS. It would be very important to repair it, because this recording is very rare, I assume the master tapes have already been destroyed. How could it be repaired at the highest quality? What is the appropriate software for this purpose? I tried Declick in Goldwave on an Agressive preset, and it is not bad. But I wonder if there would be more professional settings than that?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is that how the recording is all the way through? That music? There are very few clicks and their amplitude is quite low.
    It's low enough that I can't hear them when the music is playing

THis is how it looks in Izotope RX when you save the clicks and discard the music
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clicks.png
Views:	43
Size:	386.5 KB
ID:	62821  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, this is it exactly, what you captured in the flac. But you are kidding that it does not irritate you. When I listen it is very irritating for me with its high pitch. Anyway, this is like that in the whole recording, this type of clicking.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't hear it. The clicks are quieter than the music, and the music is loud all the way thru, no quiet parts where the clicks would obvious.
    Some combination of my
    age and the room/ listening conditions could be a factor!
    I'll post the declicked version from on RX later and you can compare it to what you got from Goldwave

Here's the clip with the above clicks removed.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 9th Jan 2022 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    None is good, yours have still too much of the high pitch clicks or their remnants for me, the Goldwave version has less clicks, but due to the heavy filtering there are artifacts that are noticeable with good speakers or headphones. But I will stick to Goldwave, because that version at least is acceptable when listened to on low quality speakers, like my laptop's speaker, so at least one way it gives satisfying results. But thank you for checking!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I substituted my desktop speakers with a decent ear bud, now I hear the clicks.
    I'll try the declick on RX again later tonight. If it's any better than before I'll upload it
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you upload a sample of your Goldwave result so I can hear it compared to the original
    Quote Quote