VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm having problems even playing (let alone re-encoding) the m2ts files on a new bluray disc I just bought.

Can any of you help me to find the right codec to play, I've tried tons of programs and downloaded many codecs in the hope of finding one that worked but to nothing has worked so far.

Thanks

Here is a small m2ts from the disc:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffb0vobhxfvwr0j/00002.m2ts?dl=0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That file will not help since it is not a valid video file. It is just either random data or relies upon a playlist within the blu ray.

Select the largest file and upload a mediainfo (text mode) report. Possible, of course, that you have not ripped the disk correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Grex234 View Post
    Hi,

I'm having problems even playing (let alone re-encoding) the m2ts files on a new bluray disc I just bought.

Can any of you help me to find the right codec to play, I've tried tons of programs and downloaded many codecs in the hope of finding one that worked but to nothing has worked so far.

Thanks

Here is a small m2ts from the disc:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffb0vobhxfvwr0j/00002.m2ts?dl=0
    That's because file is encrypted and only your standalone Blu-ray player can decrypt it and play.
    If it's a new movie it's probably BD+ or Cinavia protection.
    Unless you use 3rd party software to decrypt it, you can't simply grab file you like, install codec and play it any way you like.
    That's the whole purpose of copy protection imposed by disc manufacturers to prevent situations like this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the answer!

I simply copied the files directly from the disc to my I see now that I need a dedicated app to rip the bluray disc, so I will experiment with that now. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MakeMkv will decrypt and store the files on to your HDD.

Simple copy from disk to HDD never works even with dvd (unless it was home-made)
    Quote Quote