VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    The only way to create small-sized but high quality videos that I know about is x264.exe used in a CMD.exe widnow. I have a friend who needs to send me videos time by time, that are mts files directly from the camcorder. But it is too time consuming due to the size. He doesn't know too much about CMD, so I wondered if there are any user-friendly editors or converters with an easy to use interface to shrink videos as effectively as x264.exe can do it? Small size but high quality. If you could link some it would help a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pretty much all the free open source encoder use x264 for h.264 (AVC) encoding. Handbrake, Megui, Hybrid, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Those are still complicated for my friend. I am thinking about ones like Wondershare, etc. where a Wizard leads you through the process, and x264 is implemented. All the things my friend knows about processing video is to press the record button and copy the files from the camcorder. No problem if the software is buy it only.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Click image for larger version

Name:	7UrtIWH.png
Views:	86
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	62796

Send him this image too
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wondershare is crapware,vidcoder is very easy to use,just follow s-mp picture example.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Crapware, LOL but true, indeed

Thank you! This will be fine!

If I do it like you show on the photo, leaving everything else untouched, approximately how much can be the shrinkage in case of a normal FullHD AVCHD camcorder MTS video (1080 25p, 24Mbps)?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, meanwhile I tested it. I see it is about halving the size of the file. The settings: quality and conversion speed, are they actually the same parameters that you define in CMD for x264.exe?
    Quote Quote