VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there

Wondering if anyone would be up for checking out a local content provider and see if it's possible to download some videos. As far as I can tell all streams are broken down into segmented CMFV/CMFA files which are small in size (few megabytes). I've tried just about every browser plugin that's out there with out and this is how CocoCut detects it:

[Attachment 62778 - Click to enlarge]

I'm unable to parse the URL to other tools since you need to have a user/pass to login to the site.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ytdlp usually can rip from URL if you feed it with netscape cookies
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply! I tried parsing cookies to yt-dlp but the URL is unsupported:

[debug] Command-line config: ['-v', '--cookies-from-browser', 'edge', 'XXX']
    [Cookies] Extracting cookies from edge
    [debug] Extracting cookies from: "XXX"
    [debug] using find-generic-password to obtain password from OSX keychain
    [Cookies] Extracted 79 cookies from edge
    [debug] cookie version breakdown: {'v10': 79, 'other': 0, 'unencrypted': 0}
    [debug] Encodings: locale UTF-8, fs utf-8, out utf-8, err utf-8, pref UTF-8
    [debug] yt-dlp version 2021.12.27 [6223f67a8]
    [debug] Python version 3.10.1 (CPython 64bit) - macOS-12.1-arm64-arm-64bit
    [debug] exe versions: none
    [debug] Optional libraries: Cryptodome, mutagen, sqlite, websockets
    [debug] Proxy map: {}
    [debug] [generic] Extracting URL: XXX
    [generic] play: Requesting header
    WARNING: [generic] Falling back on generic information extractor.
    [generic] play: Downloading webpage
    [generic] play: Extracting information
    [debug] Looking for video embeds
    ERROR: Unsupported URL: XXX
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/yt-dlp/2021.12.27/libexec/lib/python3.10/site-packages/yt_dlp/YoutubeDL.py", line 1353, in wrapper
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/yt-dlp/2021.12.27/libexec/lib/python3.10/site-packages/yt_dlp/YoutubeDL.py", line 1423, in __extract_info
    ie_result = ie.extract(url)
    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/yt-dlp/2021.12.27/libexec/lib/python3.10/site-packages/yt_dlp/extractor/common.py", line 599, in extract
    ie_result = self._real_extract(url)
    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/yt-dlp/2021.12.27/libexec/lib/python3.10/site-packages/yt_dlp/extractor/generic.py", line 3829, in _real_extract
    raise UnsupportedError(url)
    yt_dlp.utils.UnsupportedError: Unsupported URL: XXX

I don't want to post the URL here in the forum for privacy reasons and I admit that I have no experience with yt-dlp so there might be some extra parameters maybe needed for this to work but being a novice at this I have no idea what I should be looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I got a little further but found out the stream is DRM protected. Since widevine-l3-guesser doesn't work anymore I imagine this could be a problem...
    Quote Quote  
  5. There are hundreds of posts explaining this in full, some with screenshots, if you can be bothered to read.

One of the threads is virtually word for word your question. 40 odd pages.
    Quote Quote