VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey all, my first post.

This might be off topic a bit but I like to record the night sky. I have been using a crappy security cam to do that job, But I want to upgrade to something a fair bit better.

I have been looking at this camera SiOnyx Aurora, but, I don't know how long it will record for if I can leave it plugged into power, it can take a 256g SD card, I want to record from sun down to sun up.

If anyone knows of a good camera to record and take very low light video, I don't want to take time-lapse as you miss so much stuff at night, Yes I'm after stuff out of the ordinary.... UFO's or anything that's not normally in the sky.

Thanks for any help.
    Best regards to all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know anything about your camera SiOnyx Aurora but if you record constantly for long periods on any camera it will soon fill up the storage. Best to look at an astronomy forum for answers on how they photograph the sky. Some cameras stop recording after 1/2 hour due to overheating. But it shouldn't be an impossible task as some people have made great videos of the sky using their phone but not all night long.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote