VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I recently upgraded my 2011 mac mini to the more modern M1 Mac Mini. It's been great until I went to transfer some VHS tapes. I have been using the Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB with my older mac mini for VHS transfers. But I see that in the newly updated blackmagic desktop video installer, it is not supported on M1 Apple products... boo.

I wiped the old mac mini and gave it to my sister so she could use a big screen and have a desktop to work from home with. Now my question is, is there an alternative to something like the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle out there for the M1 Macs? Preferably I would love to have all the inputs it has so that I can basically transfer any sort of analog to my Mac with Premiere.

I appreciate any input. I tried to search blackmagic's site for something newer, but it's so damn convoluted and they seem to not produce anything like it nowadays?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is probably easier to get another older Mac Mini to keep using your old capture device and its software than it would be to replace them.

There are plenty of VideoHelp members who maintain older computer systems specifically so they can capture using their old analog capture devices and old software. These members found that equivalent replacement hardware and software for analog capture simply isn't available. The demand for good analog capture devices has declined because analog video connections have been almost completely eliminated on new consumer electronics and there is decreasing demand for digitizing analog recordings.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote