VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I haven't used this machine for many a year it's been in the loft I actually thought it wouldn't work but I needed to try it with a certain vhs tape I have.

Anyway here is the setup and problem

VCR Panasonic NV-F200 = s-video out to ES10 AV4 in

ES10 = s-video out to Lite-on S-video in

Now this is where I am having trouble I hear sound but no picture

I tried this the other day with a Panasonic DMR-XS350 with no problems at all but I can't figure the connections settings with this machine do I have to use the S video with component for AV1 Output, then set AV2 Input S video with Ext Link 1?

I have tried a few options but I am not getting a picture through at all just sound.
    Quote Quote  
  2. S-video inn = S-video Out = AV4
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    S-Video out from the Panasonic is always active, it doesn't need to be configured. Edit: Except S-Video via Scart on European models.
    Do you get see any of the Panasonic's own menus?
    Last edited by Skiller; 30th Dec 2021 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can see all the settings inside the ES10

I have a scart in the scart out to the tv could this be causing an issue? I'm downstairs now so will remove it later if this will cause issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just to make sure, I was asking if you can see the Panasonic's menus via S-Video in your capture, not on the TV via Scart.

It shouldn't cause a problem if there's a TV connected on AV1.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Right I'm back upstairs

To start from fresh I set the machine to default settings set it up like normal now I can see the ES10 settings via the S-video but I can only hear the sound and I am getting a grey screen.

Right I have sorted it complete knob head mistake lol I didn't put it on AV4 via the remote what a dick.
    Last edited by lojelo5; 30th Dec 2021 at 20:14.
    Quote Quote