VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I Live in the USA and I am Looking for a Good Projector for around $ 100 or so on Amazon.

I found this one and I wanted to know if I should stay away from it?
    https://www.amazon.com/Cibest-Projector-Native-1080p-Contrast/dp/B08TTRHZVL/ref=sr_1_4...cs%2C60&sr=1-4

I am Looking for one with Say 2,000 Lumens and a Good Contrast Ratio.

I wanted it to have a Native Resolution of 1080 and have Stereo Speakers Built in.

Does anybody have one that they can Tell Me about just to start Looking at?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry, my idea of "good" projector is mutually exclusive with that budget limit, by a wide margin. Add an extra Zero to that and then you would be in the ballpark.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are any of these good?

I am not going to be having it for My Main T.V. or anything like that.

1. Vankyo Leisure 510 W.

2. Verratek Lumavision.

3. Asakuki Avigator 455 W.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok I found a Projector I Think will be good for Me.
    https://www.amazon.com/Projector-Supported-VividBeam-Portable-Keystone/dp/B08QY4LZD8/r...ps%2C57&sr=8-3

But I wanted to know about the Lamp?

Can this Lamp be Replaced by Me or do I have to Send this Projector in?

And every Time I Call a Projection Company they Tell Me the Lamp can not be Replaced.

So do they last a Long Time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Look at the MANUAL.

Well designed projectors from high quality manufacturers ALL have lamp models with user-replaceable lamps. Lifetime of them varies much (and it is STRONGLY recommended to use the approved replacement models otherwise lifetime might drop > ~10x) , but for example the Epsons that I usually use will have their lamps last 2500-3000 hours before replacement.

Is your model one of these good ones? I kind of doubt it, so it is ultimately a crapshoot at that price point.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Understand also that the one you referenced has misleading facts. This light source is not true LED, and the part that determines the Pixel values is not LED either but LCD (as are 95% of modern projectors), I dont see where LED even enters into it. Also, 50000hour lamps is total BS, unless you want to turn down the lamp output/brightness to 10% or something. Even state of the art 4k/8k laser projectors only have about 20000 hours. Similarly, its total brightness output is extremely unlikely to be what is rated, unless you count from 1 foot away or something.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. With a claimed lifetime of 50,000 hours it's obviously an LED not incandescent. Probably soldered, not easily replaceable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    LEDs don't put out enough to be used as a light source for a "5000+ lumen" projector. So, something is off no matter how you look at it. 500 lumens, maybe.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    LEDs don't put out enough to be used as a light source for a "5000+ lumen" projector. So, something is off no matter how you look at it. 500 lumens, maybe.

Scott
    You can easily reach 2000+ lm with nowadays LED - issue is how to efficiently cool them so they life may meet expected 5000hrs - nowadays LED's are used for automotive front lights (low/high beam) so it means they reached particular level maturity...
    But i don't trust at all specification for this amazon beamer...
    Quote Quote  
  10. I should have Asked like this?

I am not Looking to Replace My T.V. with a Cinema Quality Projector.

But I do want something with Good Picture Quality and YouTube Says this is Good.

https://www.amazon.com/JIMTAB-M18-Projector-Compatible-Pro/dp/B091SXLXLY/ref=sr_1_1_ss...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

So out of all the Budget Projectors would this be a Good one?

Thanks for the Time and help.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The non-pro version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_BFluVPonw

According to company (from the comments in the above over-view): Jimtab wrote in with an explanation for their misleading marketing. It looks like they did exactly what I said in the video: they stuck a light meter in the lens to get their lumen figure. Here's what they had to say: "And for the question of 6000 lumens of our product, we need to explain that what we are talking about is not ANSI lumens, but the brightness of our light source."

From what I've read, its real brightness is about 300 ANSI lumens. To get at 300 inch picture the projector will have to be about 35 feet away from the screen. And at that size the picture will be so dim you'll hardly see it. You can't get the entire screen in focus because of the poor optics. If you get the center in focus the corners will be out of focus, or vice versa. Colors looked atrocious -- maybe that's just the reviewers' cameras.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Jan 2022 at 23:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    trust Cornucopia and jagabo we have been around (as well as myself and Lord Smurf) and in the business of video for sometime. It's the same thing as the quote oftened used here " garbage in, garbage out. " You get what you pay for spend money to have decent equipment

If the Light ain't Bright, It ain't Right !
    Last edited by 16mmJunkie; 12th Jan 2022 at 09:52.
    Quote Quote  
  13. @biferi You should mention your usecase... usually all the <400€ stuff is not something you can live with for watching movies, except you got a completely 100% dark room. And even then it is pretty questionable. If you want a solution for watching movies in a living room, the best option might be to go with a used projector like epson tw6100 or such
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks to everybody on here for the help.

After all this Time I got another JimTab M18 Pro. Projector.

And I used Any Video Converter Free to Convert a DVD Movie to the Format Customize mp4. H264 CODEC.

I keep everything as 720 X 480 30 FPS and the Audio MP3 Format.
    And the Video Bitrate is 1,800 kbps.

And I put it on an SD Card and My Projector Says File Not Supported.

JimTab Tells Me it will Play but it does not.

Now I do Understand that every Format has something Different about them.

But if You Convert a Video to mp4. H264 is should Play on most Devices.

How can I Play any of My Videos?

The Format mp4. H264 should be a Basic Video File that will Play on Tablets SmartPhones and so on.

What other Video Format can I Try that should Play on almost every Device?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Make sure the SD card is formatted correctly -- FAT, EXFAT, NTFS... whichever the projector supports. Try remuxing the DVD VOB files to an MPG file (no reencoding). Then try reencoding to Divx/AVI. Make sure you didn't use h.264 setting beyond what the device supports. Try x264 at the veryfast preset and 15 frame GOPs for a baseline, then work your way up until it stops playing.
    Last edited by jagabo; 21st Apr 2022 at 22:14.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks I just Converted My Videos to mp4. H264 at 720 X 480 but I Made the Frame Rate 24 FPS.
    The Video Bit Rate I Made 1,500 kbps.

It did not Play.

If I Look on Google it Says mp4. Video Bit Rate Starts at 5,000 kbps and goes Up to 10,000 kbps.

So I may have the Video Bit Rate Set to Low.

Now I am going to Set the Video Bit Rate to 5,000 kbps.

I will See what happens now.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps aac audio instead of mp3. If it doesn't help, post the mediainfo for your file
    Quote Quote  
  18. Ok I just Converted 158 Video Movies to mp4. H264 Display Size 720 X 480.
    The Frame Rate I Set to Auto and the Display Aspect Ratio I Set to Auto.
    The Audio is 44.1 kHz and 128 kbps mp3.
    I Set the Video Bit Rate to 5,000 kbps.

Most of them do not Play just 3. of them Play.
    Like I Say I got a new JimTab M18 Pro. Projector.

It still will not Play them so is it My Any Video Converter Program?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I could not find any information in the online manual for your cheap JimTab M18 Pro projector regarding the kinds of video files that it will play. Maybe someone can figure out what those three files that play have in common if you pasted the Text view version of the MediaInfo reports for them into a post.

If nobody can figure out how to encode your files so the JimTab M18 projector can play them, your projector has an HDMI connection that might allow you to connect a small, cheap hardware media player that can play your video files.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  20. I found this: https://manuals.plus/jimtab/m18-pro-native-1080p-video-projector-manual#specification

Video Format Supported: AVI/MP4/MKV/FLV/MOV/ RMVB/3GP/MPEG1/ MPEG2/H.264/XVID
    Audio Format Supported: MP2/MP3/PCM/FLAC/WMA/AAC

But it doesn't give any details about limitations within those codecs and containers.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps the OP should post a mediainfo report of one of these failing videos (as has been requested at least twice in this thread).
    Or even upload a video for further analysis
    Quote Quote  
  22. I don't have much enthusiasm for helping the OP because he doesn't give any useful details or respond to questions/suggestions. What a massive waste of time encoding 158 videos, presumably all with the same settings. Yes, a text mode mediainfo report for the video that worked and some that didn't should help diagnose the problem.

The h.264 spec isn't just one compression technique. It encompasses dozens of different methods. Not all player can handle all of them. I recommended x264 at the veryfast preset because that limits many of the options to those that play on a wide variety of devices.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with you, but the OP has the same or a similar "manner" in his older posts and I often wondered
    whether there's a communication problem of some type
    I'm only guessing. Could be wrong
    Quote Quote