VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    What tools are used today on Linux for ripping audio from radiostations so they end up as mp3's with artist & title?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    youtube-dl & yt-dlp may work on some radio stations.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, doesn't work with this one:
    https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-32-Goldies-s16649/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Wheeling WV USA
    Search Comp PM
    i couldn't get anything from that site. but i visited without any referrer URL.
    Quote Quote  
  5. try simplescreenrecorder. not sure if has an audio only record function.

    thia might be of some help

    https://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/recording-game-audio/
    Last edited by oduodui; 12th Jan 2022 at 00:11.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Cantata,
    Rhythmbox,
    Clementine,
    Amarok,
    Exaile.

    there are many others.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Wheeling WV USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sven32 View Post
    Thanks, doesn't work with this one:
    https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-32-Goldies-s16649/
    i just tried it, again, and now it works for me in Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sven32 View Post
    What tools are used today on Linux for ripping audio from radiostations so they end up as mp3's with artist & title?
    It's called RECORDING......and you'll need to do some typing (artist & title).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Well, some people who know what they are doing call it ripping...

    $ streamripper http://176.31.107.8:8161/listen.pls?sid=1 -u FreeAmp/2.x
    Connecting...
    stream: Golden Oldies Radio
    server name: SHOUTcast/
    declared bitrate: 128
    meta interval: 8192

    [skipping... ] Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here [ 4.01M]
    [ripping... ] Stevie Wonder - Time after Time [ 856kb]
    [ripping... ] Simon Garfunkel - The Boxer [ 4.70M]
    Quote Quote  
  10. Code:
    ffmpeg -i http://176.31.107.8:8161/stream -c copy output.mp3
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Nice, but get one big file, and no titles...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes, one big file, no titles. But that might be preferable in some circumstances. Oh, by the way, press q to quit downloading.

    Here's a variation that plays while downloading:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i http://176.31.107.8:8161/stream -c copy output.mp3 -f nut - | ffplay.exe -
    Output is sent to both a file and to ffplay.
    Last edited by jagabo; 6th Apr 2022 at 10:42.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, that will probably work in Windows, not in Linux...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Oh, I didn't notice this thread was in the Linux subforum. The ffmpeg command line will probably work in Linux with minor changes. Like removing the .exe from ffplay.exe.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that works get sound and a screen: PIPE, with scrambled view...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I get the same...thanks for the explanation. Not a very clear and helpful add-on...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by sven32 View Post
    Well, some people who know what they are doing call it ripping...

    $ streamripper http://176.31.107.8:8161/listen.pls?sid=1 -u FreeAmp/2.x
    Connecting...
    stream: Golden Oldies Radio
    server name: SHOUTcast/
    declared bitrate: 128
    meta interval: 8192

    [skipping... ] Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here [ 4.01M]
    [ripping... ] Stevie Wonder - Time after Time [ 856kb]
    [ripping... ] Simon Garfunkel - The Boxer [ 4.70M]



    where can i get that streamripper?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Wheeling WV USA
    Search Comp PM
    a player that has a built-in RECORD or SAVE button (and maybe pop-up to ask what file) would be popular. i run pulseaudio. it has a way to recapture the analog audio back to digital and save that. half as good. i'd rather save the bits going into the D/A.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by sven32 View Post
    Yes, I get the same...thanks for the explanation. Not a very clear and helpful add-on...
    If you don't like the spectrogram you can get waveforms instead by specifying "-showmode 1":

    Code:
    ffmpeg -i http://176.31.107.8:8161/stream -c copy output.mp3 -f nut - | ffplay.exe -showmode 1 -
    "-showmode 2" is the spectrogram. https://ffmpeg.org/ffplay.html (search for showmode).
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads