VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to play a video on my Xbox and even used a handbrake preset made for Xbox 360 which made the video I wanted h264 and 720p. It even had hard-coded subtitles. The preset usually works, but now it doesn't work for some reason. The Xbox just throws me an error.
    handbrake preset- https://ihsdubai-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/41583_ihsdubai_org/Ebg-buXWbVJIlILQx...VMmRw?e=waHa4C

error- https://i.stack.imgur.com/i4dyF.jpg

link to the video- https://ihsdubai-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/41583_ihsdubai_org/EY3sgsCJPp5KqDrt-...W86zg?e=vZHNsL
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks like the file is corrupt. Try again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. On further inspection it seems that when I transfer files to said USB it becomes corrupt even tho it retains its size and was transferred properly. Dint show any errors or anything. Neither handbrake nor VLC could view it. Altho there's a 20% chance that the file doesn't get corrupted sometimes. What could be the issue here?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Counterfeit thumb drive? It's not uncommon for smaller drives to be formatted in such a way that they look bigger than they are. For example a 4 GB drive might be formatted to appear as a 32 GB drive. It may work fine when there's less than 4GB on the drive but data gets corrupt when go past 4 GB. This is an especially big problem when buying cheap drives on Ebay.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thaynos View Post
    On further inspection it seems that when I transfer files to said USB it becomes corrupt even tho it retains its size and was transferred properly. Dint show any errors or anything. Neither handbrake nor VLC could view it. Altho there's a 20% chance that the file doesn't get corrupted sometimes. What could be the issue here?
    your USB drive must be formatted as FAT32 in order for the xbox 360 to read it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i live in a country where ebay does not exist. its a rather old usb and previously held some old photos. i transferred them a year back and dint use it since. anyway of checking if its counterfeit/restoring it to as it was/checking if it has bad sectors(?). it formatted in fat32.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by thaynos View Post
    i live in a country where ebay does not exist.
    The problem isn't limited to eBay. Even big commercial brick and mortar retailers have fallen prey to this. There are programs that can test for this. Try one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i live in a country where ebay does not exist. its a rather old usb and previously held some old photos. i transferred them a year back and dint use it since. anyway of checking if its counterfeit/restoring it to as it was/checking if it has bad sectors(?). it formatted in fat32.
    how big is the video ??
    Quote Quote  
  9. As jagabo has already said, the video file is corrupt and unrecoverable.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    how big is the video ??
    625 mb
    Quote Quote  
  11. Is that the file that's on the thumb drive or from before you copied it to the thumb drive?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    i live in a country where ebay does not exist.
    The problem isn't limited to eBay. Even big commercial brick and mortar retailers have fallen prey to this. There are programs that can test for this. Try one.
    can you suggest me one which doesnt need admin permission? as for the file size its 625 in both cases corrupt and non corrupt.
    Last edited by thaynos; 31st Dec 2021 at 00:04.
    Quote Quote