Hello,

I have an anime with subs in my language, and found subs in english. The english one as better translation of the signs (in my language they just show as a line on top of the screen, in the english one it "meshes" in the screen like if it was part of the animation). So I started to translate the english one with the signs using the subs in my language.

However, is there a way to show lines already done in another color in the editor (like a a background instead of white) in aegisub, or something that would easely let me know that it's done without reading it.

Also, since the signs are repeated multiples times often (different positions in the screen) and probably because of other appearance reasons, there are a lot more lines than in a regular translations on the bottom and sign translation as text on the top of the screen. For instances, episode 1 in my language has 302 lines, in the english episode, it's 14208 lines. So do you know of a better way to translate other than find and replace (and maybe some position adjustments because the lenght changed a bit)?

Thx for any input,

PS: I should add that I'v never done subtitle editing, I did a few muxing and quick synchronisation but that's all