VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear VideoHelp Forum Members,

Recently, I found a barely used JVC HR-S6900U S-VHS. The image output is generally clean, but the video has some white lines in some frames that caught my attention. After an attempt to clean the video head, the frequency of the white lines has decreased, but the problem persists.
    Please, I ask for your help as this problem has been bothering me a lot and I don't know what to do. What puzzles me is that the cause of the problem shouldn't be the video head, as the previous owner said he didn't use the device much.
    If possible, I ask for simple instructions as I could not find any professional in my city who would accept to carry out the VCR maintenance, the entire procedure must be done by myself.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "Some white lines" is not very precise. A screenshot or a photograph of the VCR playing on a TV would help identifying the issue. The diagnosis is not obvious (yet) in case you expected that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    White lines usually means the heads are wearing if you did a good head cleaning.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    "Some white lines" is not very precise. A screenshot or a photograph of the VCR playing on a TV would help identifying the issue. The diagnosis is not obvious (yet) in case you expected that.
    Hi Skiller! Thanks for answering! And my apologies, now I see it's a vague description. It's hard to pause in a exact frame that displays the issue, so I ordered a capture card, as soon as it's delivered I'll attach an example.

Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    White lines usually means the heads are wearing if you did a good head cleaning.
    Hello johns0! I appreciate your reply! Do you know a sure way to check if the heads are clean? Also, could you tell me that in case of wear, only a video head of the exact same model would work as a replacement?
    Quote Quote