VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Heys dears! Sorry my english.
    Here's the thing, i buyed this cables to use on this model of JVC D-vhs. I don't know what i did wrong but at the first time i connected it showed a message on PC saying that drivers were installed successful, but when i unplugged and plugged it again i now only got a message that isnt installed anymore, just part of it. It only shows an exclamation sign on PC.
    Any solution?
    Im useing a pinnacle 700 pci to capture the DV-Firewire port.

Maybe I have damaged the firewire / DV entries in JVC while i was plugging and unplugging the cable??

[Attachment 62354 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 62355 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 62356 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 62358 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Why don't you just keep posting in your previous thread. Anyway, Just try rebooting several times while the unit is ON until it works or use Windows 7. Windows 10 dropped support for this legacy tasks long time ago.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    I am using win 7 and i've tried this of rebooting several times but still the same problem, i think i damaged the out / in port on JVC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I don't think so, 4pin connector doesn't carry power to the deck, I think you have a driver problem for the Firewire card, Try deleting the driver and re-install it again or look for the OEM driver and install it. Are you using CapDVHS software?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Yes, i did it too. But it keeps installing and happening the same thing. I look out for the drivers on the internet but didnt find anything. I did buy other cables to test it tomorrow.

Are you using CapDVHS software? Yes
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    Yes, i did it too. But it keeps installing and happening the same thing. I look out for the drivers on the internet but didnt find anything. I did buy other cables to test it tomorrow.

Are you using CapDVHS software? Yes
    have you tried windows update to see if it'll install the drivers ?? - http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/5841-capture-problem-newly.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

have you tried windows update to see if it'll install the drivers ?? - http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/5841-capture-problem-newly.html
    Windows 7 no longer install updates, These drivers are 2000's, Microsoft no longer carry them even if he tried to update from Microsoft server.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Yes, it's this same problem of this dude here.

[Attachment 62373 - Click to enlarge]

I did buy another same cable, i will test tonight, but i guess it will not work as well. Sad!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Hello dears.

New cables, and the problem remains. But I noticed that now is showing this (Pic 1)

But the other part continues with the exclamation thing appearing for this driver (Pic 2)

All i need is this JVC-HM-DH3000U AV/ C Turner to install.
    Where can i get it? I can't find anywhere.

[Attachment 62401 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 62402 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This worked on Mac about 15 years ago.
    I never did it, but knew somebody that did.
    He didn't like the quality of the MPEG encoding.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Hello dears.

New cables, and the problem remains. But I noticed that now is showing this (Pic 1)

But the other part continues with the exclamation thing appearing for this driver (Pic 2)

You don't need the tuner part for capturing tapes, The first one is what you need, Fire up CapDVHS and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello dears.

have you tried turning off both your PC & the vcr, make the firewire connections, power on the PC, power on the JVC and then
    see if it'll connect. see post #11 - http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/5841-capture-problem-newly.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Hello dears.

You don't need the tuner part for capturing tapes, The first one is what you need, Fire up CapDVHS and see what happens.
    I Did, nothing happens, it dont show any video or audio
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    Hello dears.

have you tried turning off both your PC & the vcr, make the firewire connections, power on the PC, power on the JVC and then
    see if it'll connect. see post #11 - http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/5841-capture-problem-newly.html
    I will try, but i think i aldeady did. I am thinking that i damaged the pci card on PC, like i said before, it was installed sucessfull but when i was plugging the other vcr with all turned on, i think it was damaged because that, less bad if it was damaged the pci port, too bad if was the VCR damaged.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    ANY WAY... I am using the Super Video to capture. I would use the firewire cable, but does anyone know if it has so much quality difference between the super vid to firewire ????
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello dears.

I will try, but i think i aldeady did. I am thinking that i damaged the pci card on PC, like i said before, it was installed sucessfull but when i was plugging the other vcr with all turned on, i think it was damaged because that, less bad if it was damaged the pci port, too bad if was the VCR damaged.
    might also try unplugging the vcr and let it sit for about an hour to factory
    reset.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    ANY WAY... I am using the Super Video to capture. I would use the firewire cable, but does anyone know if it has so much quality difference between the super vid to firewire ????
    I posted a link to a test I did in your other thread, The VCR's are different though but JVC pretty much used the same components in their Y/C boards across multiple VCR's.
    Quote Quote  
  18. for the record sometimes drivers would work on 32 bit and not on 64 bits or vice versa. you may have to try both win7 but Xp might be a better option
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search PM
    Hello Dears.

Still trying to find out what happens to the DV output of this d-vhs. I can't find the solution, I've connected to other windows and the problem still. How could I know if the d-vhs DV output is damaged or if the firewire input of the PCI card in the computer is damaged? Is there a way to know?

Is there any option on this d-vhs device to reset the chip?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The only way to test is to get a DV camcorder, If it connects to the computer you know your card is working, then try to connect the camcorder with the D-VHS deck according to the user manual, if the two communicate then you know your D-VHS deck is working, If both work then you know you have a driver problem.

What happens when you click the capture device drop down box? What devices you see there?

Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search PM
    The only way to test is to get a DV camcorder, If it connects to the computer you know your card is working, then try to connect the camcorder with the D-VHS deck according to the user manual, if the two communicate then you know your D-VHS deck is working, If both work then you know you have a driver problem.

What happens when you click the capture device drop down box? What devices you see there?

Hello dear... Right there it shows this (Pic 01) but it doesnt connect any video or audio and down below it keeping showing the same error for this driver (Pic 02) . Like i said before, everything installed normally, but after I was plugging and unplugging the cables with the devices turned on, that's when I got this error.

[Attachment 62675 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 62676 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  22. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    That's not what I asked, In CapDVHS drop down box, what do you see, Post a picture please. I know what you have in Device manager, I've already seen it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search PM
    That's not what I asked, In CapDVHS drop down box, what do you see, Post a picture please. I know what you have in Device manager, I've already seen it.

You mean this?? Image
    [Attachment 62693 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Now go to setting and select a folder then press Rec. button. Make sure the analog tape is not Macrovision copy protected and the D-VHS tape is not a D-Theater tape.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search PM
    Now go to setting and select a folder then press Rec. button. Make sure the analog tape is not Macrovision copy protected and the D-VHS tape is not a D-Theater tape.

I Already did this, i only got an archive with zero bytes. I am thinking buying another pci card with firewire or dv entries port, to have sure what i damaged, i pray that is not the d-vhs.

[Attachment 62710 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 62711 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  26. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    If you have provided this information before we could have saved several posts, In this case it is the D-VHS, The card is detecting the device and the software is attempting to collect data, It is your deck that is not providing that data, This could be due to several reasons, Your deck does not support analog tape streaming over firewire, The tape you are playing is copy protected or corrupted to the point the VCR thinks it's copy protected, Your VCR is defective and does not provide an analog video signal to the ADC chip (this can be tested using a TV from an analog output), The ADC chip is defective, I can go on but those are the most obvious ones. and frankly you are not providing enough informations to help yourself, it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, I let other members chime in, I tried my best.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 3rd Jan 2022 at 02:10.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have provided this information
    and frankly you are not providing enough informations to help yourself,
    This reminds me of posts of yester-decade's VH.

"Help me, my card doesn't work." ... and then no more info.
    So you ask what card it is.
    "PCI"
    etc etc

Gina is still the best ever example of that: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/112507-Im-very-mad
    Classic.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search PM
    If you have provided this information before we could have saved several posts, In this case it is the D-VHS, The card is detecting the device and the software is attempting to collect data, It is your deck that is not providing that data, This could be due to several reasons, Your deck does not support analog tape streaming over firewire, The tape you are playing is copy protected or corrupted to the point the VCR thinks it's copy protected, Your VCR is defective and does not provide an analog video signal to the ADC chip (this can be tested using a TV from an analog output), The ADC chip is defective, I can go on but those are the most obvious ones. and frankly you are not providing enough informations to help yourself, it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, I let other members chime in, I tried my best.

Thanks for the help... But as I said before here, everything had been installed normally on the first attempt, as I have two d-vhs, I went to test the other one with the equipment still on, that's when the bad installation sign appeared and the '' exclamation '' in the driver that no longer installs at all.

My mistake was that I didn't turn everything off before plugging in the cables again.

[Attachment 62722 - Click to enlarge]
    This here had been installed the first time successful. And I remember that I put a tape and I was looking in the computer where the video and audio was coming out, but I didn't find anything. That day I still didn't know that I would have to install the CapDVHS
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search PM
    hello dears. I'm still looking for a solution to this problem. Still in doubt if I damaged the vcr output or the pci card input. I don't have a camcorder. I'm about to buy the same capture card to see if it's the one that got damaged, but it's going to cost me a lot of money. Is there any way to know if the problem is in the output of the VCR???
    Quote Quote  
  30. try to change of pci port, and remove other cards that may be plugged. In other words put the minimum inside your pc, just to make sure
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote