VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. No more disappearing feet and motion interpolation distortions/blending.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm taking that as high praise! Thank you Jagabo!
    Last edited by sum_guy; 17th Feb 2022 at 19:37.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Looks pretty good and organic (meaning not plastic-like). And I don't say that easily!

Personally I would have left a tad more noise in it but that's just me enjoying the illusion of detail created by fine noise. Maybe it's the encoding (not the filtering) that eats the very fine noise – standard settings of x264 tend to do that in my experience.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And just for excrement and giggles, here we are with Flowframes at 119.88 frames per second, no filtering, RIFE 4.0, I'm rather impressed myself.

https://files.videohelp.com/u/84671/Leslie%20Howard%20Devon%202001%20QTGMC%20bob%20deg...19.8801fps.mkv
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. You have a 120 Hz monitor? If you have a typical 60 Hz monitor you will only see 60 frames per second anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sum_guy View Post
    Here is a redo of the redo of the redo. The filename says it all. All done in Hybrid because it's good, I'm lazy, and I think I can accomplish what I want with it. Having said that. It's cropped, letter boxed, QTGMC bob and a mild degrain as opposed to a temporal smooth which delivers a buttery look. What do you think?

https://files.videohelp.com/u/84671/Leslie%20Howard%20Devon%202001%20QTGMC%20bob%20degrain.mkv
    MUCH better now. Missing horse legs and chopped off heads are gone, and details are less smoothed away. Still some doubts about the ugly residual noise (compression) artefacts, mostly visible on the ground which looks still overfiltered (?) to me. Maybe a tuned QTGMC setting for the noise processing could help, maybe it is just as good as one can expect for your NTSC VHS source though. Anyway it's definitely a version to keep.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You got my vote too, There is still room for improvement but I'm pretty sure you'll do better next time having gone through this extensive testing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why the halo around the border? It seems you added it too early in the script.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have a 120 Hz monitor?
    Yes I do, I bought a 27 inch gaming monitor, 165 hz refresh rate.

Why the halo around the border? It seems you added it too early in the script.
    I agree, a script change should fix it.
    Quote Quote