VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    December 2021

I'm not sure if any of you can help me but I wish I could download the video, with subtitles, from the following link:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-prepares-to-launch-digital-id-program-and-here-s-ho...orks-1.5577757
    Ontario prepares to launch digital ID program and here's how it works

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    yt-dlp https://capi.9c9media.com/destinations/ctvnews_web/platforms/desktop/bond/contents/2278422/contentpackages/4430203/manifest.mpd&selected_id=h264/v2/1856000
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks to both of you lomero and jack_666.
    It worked.

But I have one huge flaw. Finally, my brain has a big problem. He questions himself all the time about everything and likes to understand. No matter how much I tell him to shut up, nothing helps.

My brain asked me how Lomero went about creating this line of code.
    Looks like "Chinese" even though it works fine after downloading yt-dlp.exe which my brain didn't know and understand yet. Is it able to download the subtitles too? Simple curiosity since jack_666 provided them (by "magic").

Regarding the correct files of jack_666, my brain still does not understand how to download this video and the subtitles. The method used to do it.

But hey, all of this may be "Nerd" secrets. My brain would like to know more, but it knows time is money.

Thanks again for your answers and of course the files. I can watch it now directly from my PC, no need the Internet.
    Happy Holidays!
    Quote Quote  
  4. yes of course.
    my string is only to get video and audio, but if you want subtitles also this is direct download
    Code:
    https://pe-ak-vp08a-9c9media.akamaized.net/origin/ae/2021-09-09/7C3E75AA2A9B6E18/vtt/00000000/ad1352e616fda185/manifest.vtt
    after download, you need to merge video+sub with ffmpeg
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i manifest.vtt -c copy output.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. @VideoOn

Thanks for your gracious comments. As good as these works are, they are nothing when compared to the works of the laconic LZAA. We are eagerly awaiting two things. The second coming and any explanation to one of LZAA's elegant posted solutions.

With respect to your battle with your brain, I'm suggesting a remedy form my mentor the great Fravia+ and his sidekick +ORC (Old Russian Cracker). Try this and it will help you in your journey, well at least brighten your holiday spirits.

+ORC's "Zen" Martini-Wodka

Get an "highball" glass (cylindrical "milk" glass: holds about 200-285 ml.)
    - Two ice cubes
    - Dry Martini from Martini Rossi (1/3 glass)
    - Wodka Moskowskaia (only russian Wodka will do) (1/3 glass)
    - Schweppes Indian Tonic (1/3) glass
    - Lemon zest (from Malta???)
    - Green Olive (from Tuskany ???)
    Sip slowly, look at the data, meditate, crack anything in sight.

(I learnt so much from the late Fravia+ that I felt obligated to give him a shout out)

Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun
    Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run

come on, sing along
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by VideoOn View Post
    My brain asked me how Lomero went about creating this line of code.
    You can get the mpd playlist url with Developer Tools (built into most browsers). Start Developer Tools (press F12). Switch to the Network tab, (re)load the web page with the video (and play it if necessary), look for mpd links in the network traffic.

[Attachment 62456 - Click to enlarge]

There are browser plugins that show video urls too -- like Http Header Live for Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    @ jack_666

Since you love Martini, if one day (0.0000000000000000000000001% probability) I win the lottery I will invite you to drink a Martini at the Ritz-Carlton – Tokyo -Diamonds Is Forever ($22,600; for one)
    Then maybe you give me the secret to download streaming files.

- Lemon zest > Italia > Limone di Sorrento (also known as Limone di Massa Lubrense or Massese)
    - Green Olive > France > Cailletier Green

@ jagabo

Thank you for your reply. I “know” the developer mode (F12) but it does not work when dividing a “large” file into small units. This is the case here. If we look at F12, we see a series of small files that I constantly add. How then to recover the initial file?

@lomero Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by VideoOn View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I “know” the developer mode (F12) but it does not work when dividing a “large” file into small units.
    It usually does work. mpd files are playlists. The first mpd file is a list of all the individual files. Youtube-dl, yt-dlp, or ffmpeg can use that playlist to download all the individual parts and concatenate them. Lomero gave an example command line that does that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @VideoOn wrote
    Then maybe you give me the secret to download streaming files.
    Just follow the advise of lomero and jagabo

Anyway, thanks for the martini offer, made me laugh. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Dawn,
    Sorry @lomero, @jack_666, @jagabo.
    It took some time, but I finally understood.

Like you, I don't have the youngest in my brain:
    Frontier - HPE Cray EX235a, AMD Optimized 3rd Generation EPYC 64C 2GHz, AMD Instinct MI250X, Slingshot-11, HPE
    DOE/SC/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
    United States
    Cores: 8,730,112
    Rmax (PFlops/s): 1,101.00
    Rpeak (PFlop/s): 1,685.65
    Power (kW): 21,100
    (You didn't tell me you like to "boil your brains")

But only a 6502 at 1 MHz with 48k RAM and 100W maximum.

So it takes me longer than you to understand.
    But the important thing is that I get there (almost) all the time.

The F12 key is beautiful, but you still have to know how to "read between the lines"...
    Thanks again for your explanations.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Instead of using Developer Tools in a Browser you can use browser plugins like HTTP Header Live or The Stream Detector to detect media URLs. They are especially useful with sites that can detect when Developer Tools is running and then won't play media files.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    @jagabo
    Last edited by VideoOn; 1st Jul 2022 at 15:14.
    Quote Quote