VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've downloaded the latest 2.40 version of FFMS2. I can't seem to index a VP9 MKV video. I tried this script in AvsPmod but it says access violation on line 2 for AvsPmod.exe when trying to read the video file:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("X:\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("L:\Fox News.mkv", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001, threads=1)
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    Video source attached.

If VP9 isn't supported then is there another indexer you can suggest please?

Also if media info doesn't reveal the framerate of the video then how do I know what fpsnum and fpsden to use?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Worked for me. Try updating your ffmpegsource filter. If you still can't get it to work try LSMASH instead -- LWlibavVideoSource().
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Dec 2021 at 07:36.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What do you mean by update the ffmpegsource filter? I thought I already downloaded the latest ffms2.dll and ffmsindex.exe. Is that not the same thing?

Also did the below but still got the same access violation. I have Avisynth 2.60 installed.

Code:
    LWlibavVideoSource("L:\Fox News.mkv")
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is drive L a DVD? Do you have write access to the drive?

There might be something wrong with the timecodes in that video. Try remuxing to a new file with ffmpeg... and edit that.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "Fox News.mkv" -c copy FN.mkv
    Added remuxed file.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Dec 2021 at 11:32.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. How do I edit the paths for that ffmpeg script for where ffmpeg is located and where the remux should be placed?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Thanks. How do I edit the paths for that ffmpeg script for where ffmpeg is located and where the remux should be placed?
    put the complete path in quotes - "path\file"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Code:
    "x:\path\to\ffmpeg.exe" -i "y:\other\path\to\Fox News.mkv" -c copy "z:\some\path\to\FN.mkv"
    If your earlier AviSynth script is correct and you want the new file in the same location:

Code:
    "x:\path\to\ffmpeg.exe" -i "L:\Fox News.mkv" -c copy "L:\FN.mkv"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Tried that and I get this error "I don't know what i means"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recreate it, capture a screen print and upload it here
    Quote Quote  
  10. Screenshot attached:
    [Attachment 62279 - Click to enlarge]

What am I doing wrong? I tried this with an AVC clip as well and got the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Try LSMASH:
    lwlibavvideosource("L:\Fox News.mkv")
    Quote Quote  
  12. You can't run ffmpeg in Avspmod. Run it from the command prompt.
    Quote Quote  
  13. VideoFanatic - jagabo gave you a command line for command prompt window to prep your file for avisynth script, it is not a line meant for avisynth script.
    ... too late
    Quote Quote  
  14. Do I have some dependencies missing? I have AviSynth 2.60 installed to: C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins
    I have DirectShowSource.dll along with FFMS2.avsi and ffms2.dll in that folder along with all my other plugins.

If I try to open a 1080i video with DirectShowSource AvsPmod says it can't open the video with DirectShowSource as the format isn't supported. I know DirectShowSource should be able to open that as I've done it in the past. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think AVSpmod can execute such a command line. It opens AVS scripts directly.
    Issue such a command from the native command prompt
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Do I have some dependencies missing? I have AviSynth 2.60 installed to: C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins
    I have DirectShowSource.dll along with FFMS2.avsi and ffms2.dll in that folder along with all my other plugins.

If I try to open a 1080i video with DirectShowSource AvsPmod says it can't open the video with DirectShowSource as the format isn't supported. I know DirectShowSource should be able to open that as I've done it in the past. What am I doing wrong?
    DirectShowSource() requires that you have a system installed DirectShow filter for the codec(s) -- VP9 in this case. You must also have system installed File Reader and File Splitter filters for the container -- MKV in this case. Generally, you should avoid using DirectShowSource() because it depends on system installed stuff which will vary from system to system.

If you want to use LWlibavVideoSource() (which doesn't need system installed codecs, readers, or splitters) you need to install the AviSynth LSMASH source filter.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource

Put the appropriate LSMASHSource.dll in the appropriate plugins folder.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I've got DirectShowSource.dll along with FFMS2.avsi and ffms2.dll and LSMASHSource.dll in my Avisynth plugins folder.

Do you mean I need to install a codec pack to make indexers work? What one would you suggest?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got DirectShowSource.dll along with FFMS2.avsi and ffms2.dll and LSMASHSource.dll in my Avisynth plugins folder.

Do you mean I need to install a codec pack to make indexers work? What one would you suggest?
    For directshowsource, Lav filters is recommended. The others don't need any codec, their source access is built in

As jagabo and others have said, directshowsource not recommended, not frame accurate, perhaps use it for quick and dirty testing only
    Last edited by davexnet; 10th Dec 2021 at 19:01.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I've got... LSMASHSource.dll in my Avisynth plugins folder.
    Are you sure you put the correct one (x64 or x86) in the correct folder? Which version of AviSynth are you using? The original AviSynth, or AviSynth+ ? 64 bit or 32 bit or both? Both run on 64 bit Windows but you must have the right plugins in the right folders.

Do you mean I need to install a codec pack to make indexers work?
    For DirectShowSource(), yes, For LWlibavVideoSource(), no.

What one would you suggest?
    None.
    Quote Quote  
  20. So FFMS2 should be able to index a 1080i video without any codecs installed shouldn't it?

I tried this on a 1080i x264 cap of mine in AvsPmod which has displayed without issue in the past on a different Windows 7 PC.

Code:
    FFVideoSource("Z:\Edited\Checked Sync\Classic Emmerdale & Coronation Street Morning Nov 22 Unedited.mkv", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001, threads=1)
    But it's giving me this error:

[Attachment 62286 - Click to enlarge]

What am I doing wrong? I have x86 Avisynth 2.60 installed and all my plugins in the Avisynth plugins folder are x86 as well. It's regular Avisynth NOT MT Avisynth. I have Windows 7 64-bit with SP1.
    My plugins folder is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins. FFMS2.avsi, ffms2.dll and ffmsindex.exe are in that folder.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which exact version did you download and from where?
    Some of the earlier versions were C plugins and needed
    Code:
    LoadCplugin("path/file")
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ffcplugin.png
Views:	49
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	62288  

Last edited by davexnet; 10th Dec 2021 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I downloaded FFMS2 files from here: https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases/tag/2.40. Version numbers don't show in Properties/Details tab for those files I downloaded.

I still get the error message in my previous post.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Run AVSInfoTool. Does it show any problems? Do does it show any problems with ffms2.dll or LSMASHSource.dll?
    Quote Quote  
  24. It says the 32 bit Avisynth is installed and it says:
    "The installed Avisynth version is a 2.6 Alpha or RC:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\avisynth.dll

Update to Avisynth 2.6 Release or Avisynth+"
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you have the 2.61alpha installed, or the 2.60 release version?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Did it find the ffms2 and LSMASHsource plugins? That would verify they are in the correct folders. Of course, you can always load them manually in your script:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\path to\ffms2.dll")
    ffVideosource('L:\FN.mkv")
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\path to\LSMASHSource.dll")
    LWLibavVideosource('L:\FN.mkv")
    And you neglect to answer half the questions that are asked. Here's a hint: they aren't asked just for fun. Is L: a DVD drive? Do you otherwise have write access to the drive? That is critical as both of those source plugins create and index file in the same folder as the source file. If they can't write to the drive\folder they will not work.
    Quote Quote