VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I have quite a few DVDs that unfortunately have some videos that I cannot copy to put on a raid and run backups so they don't get lost.

Some DVDs have copied OK. Then the odd thing where some VOB files will copy, say 1-4 and then I cannot copy the rest. HERE is the interesting part, switching DVD players don't help, the next morning when I start up my PC (win10 pro) I can go the the first VOB say number 5 and it will copy. And in most cases I will be able to copy another then one will hang about 70% through. I then wait until the next morning and then I can copy it.

The DVDs are barely used and have no scratches, also size doesn't matter.....in this case.....

Cannot remember what I used to make the movies, it could have been MYDVD & Video Studio (there may be others and some were used with ISOBurn).

Any suggestions? I've tried the trouble some videos on the main PC that has an internal DVD and a Plextor External USB/Firewire DVD players INCLUDING another PC. And I still don't understand the one strange problem where the next day I can start the PC and re-continue copying form where it stopped working the day before!

Thanks for any suggestions...one thing I haven't tried it byte by byte copier......
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like a heat related issue. When the computer/drive/disc are cold the disc can be read. Once things heat up it can no longer be read.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try isopuzzle to copy the whole Dvd to an iso file and then rip from the iso.
    Quote Quote