VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I mean an ATSC receiver dongle that actually sends the demodulated MPEG-TS to the PC, and lets the packaged software decode the video from the TS, NOT the more typical kind that does MPEG-TS processing in the dongle and then just sends MPEG audio and video streams to the PC. The more typical kind loses a lot of the metadata stored in the TS, and when you have the software save a video file it's just a .mpg file with the video and audio streams stored. The kind of ATSC receiver dongle I'm looking for would actually allow you to save the transport stream itself to a .ts file (which can be played back in VLC player or FFPLAY, or actually have its metadata extracted with various software including MPEG-TS analysis software or FFPROBE).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is likely that any ATSC PC tuner for Windows could work but you will probably need to use Graph Studio and build a filter graph to get what you want. Here is an example https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366694-How-to-capture-video-chunks-frames-of-data-...50#post2342251

The HVR 2250 is a PCI-e card, which I don't have installed anymore.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote