VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a short clip of a documentary where there is narration and music underneath. The music is quite low. I happen to know the person who made the music and want to hear it. Can i remove the voice?
    Quote Quote  
  2. As of 2021, you can only try to find the original song
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Izotope RX has "music rebalance". But this kind of technology is still in its early stages and the results aren't perfect.
    With each release of RX it gets better
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did it with audacity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE6waMXii2U about 1 min 10 secs in

Thanks everyone
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it works well with some clips but no so good with others. For example, something like this, the algorithm
    doesn't quite do it
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It should work if the voice (narration) is mono and equal signal strength in both left and right channels by a simple L-R process will leave the music, but there might still be a little bit of bleed due to minute imbalances. A good vinyl disc as a demo of this is the old Harper's Bizarre album where you can remove the vocal line pretty well 100% leaving the orchestral part only. My guess if they did the backing track and then overmixed the vocals at rock centre.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    As of 2021, you can only try to find the original song
    What does that mean?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try to find the song used
    Quote Quote