VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,
    I couldn't find any other section for this question...

I will try to explain my issue, and what I think that the solution can be, but I'm happy with any idea.

I have a specific IP camera, and I must use this specific one.
    this IP camera needs to be connected to a laptop running compression software. (over Ethernet)

thing is, this camera supports RTSP and SRTP, if I open VLC, I am able to connect to the camera stream when providing username and password.

My issue is, that the compression software only supports RTP, and on the settings options, I can only choose a port to listen for the stream, will the camera isn't pushing the stream, as it waits for an authenticated connection.

I couldn't find any option on this camera to just stream the video always towards a specific IP so it can be just "picked up"

My question is if there is a way to get VLC for example to request that video feed (with authentication and everything) but instead of showing the stream, redirect it to a different port.
    then I can set the same port on the compression software and get this video feed.

currently, I'm running on windows 10, but can consider moving to Linux if there is a better idea that doesn't support windows.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tzimber View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I will try to explain my issue, and what I think that the solution can be, but I'm happy with any idea.

this IP camera needs to be connected to a laptop running compression software. (over Ethernet)

thing is, this camera supports RTSP and SRTP, if I open VLC, I am able to connect to the camera stream when providing username and password.

My issue is, that the compression software only supports RTP, and on the settings options, I can only choose a port to listen for the stream, will the camera isn't pushing the stream, as it waits for an authenticated connection.

I couldn't find any option on this camera to just stream the video always towards a specific IP so it can be just "picked up"

My question is if there is a way to get VLC for example to request that video feed (with authentication and everything) but instead of showing the stream, redirect it to a different port.
    then I can set the same port on the compression software and get this video feed.

currently, I'm running on windows 10, but can consider moving to Linux if there is a better idea that doesn't support windows.

Thanks!
    see here - https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=71920
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by tzimber View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
    see here - https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=71920
    Hi,
    thanks, but it seems that this solution is more about re transcoding..
    I don't want to transcode the video...
    I want to somehow redirect the stream to another local port...
    also, I prefer a windows option.
    ill take Linux only if there is no other option...
    Quote Quote