VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am starting to learn how to batch load with yt-dlp. So far I am getting a grasp on making a .txt file in notepad. I know to put a list of urls in the notepad file. I know how to do this much:

yt-dlp --batch-download name of text document.txt

This selects the best quality and depending on what you are downloading and what is available that can be 720p and higher. I have tended to be satisfied with 360p but now I am starting to like 480p as long as it isn't much bigger in file size.

How to do I set about instructing yt-dlp to go for 480p resolution if the file has higher resolutions that I don't want to download to save hard drive space and since I don't have super fast internet to get things done quicker?

Thank you in advance. I also have other things I want to learn about batch downloading but I want to be able to jump this hurdle first.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    yt-dlp --batch-download -f "bestvideo[height<=480]+bestaudio" "name of text document.txt"
    Quote Quote  
  3. jagabo: I will give that a try and report on how it works out. Thank you for the help you have given me and other posters here at videohelp.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can also use the -S option:

Code:
    yt-dlp --batch-download -S 'res:480' "name of text document.txt"
    Quote Quote  
  5. jagabo: I don't know why but I made an error it should be

yt-dlp --batch-file name of text document.txt

I did give it a try what you wrote and substituted batch file for batch download and I am getting:

error: batch file -f could not be read

I will keep trying different combinations to try to figure it out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry, I didn't notice you had the wrong command for batches. And the name of the batchfile must immediately follow "--batch-file". Here's a bath file I used this morning to download some videos:

Code:
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[width<1280]+audio-English" --batch-file batchlist.txt
    "bestaudio" wasn't right for that site because it delivered a descriptive audio track for the blind.
    Quote Quote  
  7. jagabo: I am sorry I couldn't get either method to work. Is there perhaps an different way of achieving this. For example could one have a list of videos, having figured out what to type after looking at the -F command for a video url. Have a line written for each video, then somehow instruct yt-dlp to do the next video without needing a .txt file?

Thankfully videodownloadhelper can get me what I want; but with my computer easily getting bogged down with such programs I prefer yt-dlp because it doesn't seem to take as much resources by bypassing the browser.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    jagabo: I am sorry I couldn't get either method to work. Is there perhaps an different way of achieving this. .
    Playlist ? This is native rather than an external command.

Easy to make a list of urls into an m3u8 in Notepad
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    could one have a list of videos, having figured out what to type after looking at the -F command for a video url. Have a line written for each video, then somehow instruct yt-dlp to do the next video without needing a .txt file?
    Sure. Just create a batch file with a yt-dlp command for each video:

Code:
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[height<-480]+bestaudio" "first URL"
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[height<-480]+bestaudio" "second URL"
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[height<-480]+bestaudio" "third URL"
    Or, if you know exactly which streams you want just use their names (sometimes numbers):

Code:
    yt-dlp -f videoname+audioname "first URL"
    yt-dlp -f videoname+audioname  "second URL"
    yt-dlp -f videoname+audioname "third URL"
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Nov 2021 at 19:00.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    could one have a list of videos, having figured out what to type after looking at the -F command for a video url. Have a line written for each video, then somehow instruct yt-dlp to do the next video without needing a .txt file?
    Sure. Just create a batch file with a yt-dlp command for each video:

Code:
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[height<-480]+bestaudio" "first URL"
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[height<-480]+bestaudio" "second URL"
    yt-dlp -f "bestvideo[height<-480]+bestaudio" "third URL"
    Or, if you know exactly which streams you want just use their names (sometimes numbers):

Code:
    yt-dlp -f videoname+audioname "first URL"
    yt-dlp -f videoname+audioname  "second URL"
    yt-dlp -f videoname+audioname "third URL"
    I made out a list and it worked. I just copy and pasted the lines all at once and I waited to see if the second download would start after the first and it did. It is not so hard to make up a list as other than the url it is just knowing a certain number and that number sometimes is quite similar to the previous number so it doesn't take long to change. Thank you this will make a big difference for me not having to input them one at a time. yt-dlp doesn't run up my system resources as much as a browser addon such as videodownloadhelper. My old Windows 7 computer has been wonderful all these years but it seems web browsing is more taxing as time goes on. Other things can bog down a computer to the point you have to press the power button because things have froze but quite often it is some script or something akin to that which just won't let go.
    Last edited by Tom Saurus; 22nd Nov 2021 at 19:55.
    Quote Quote  
  11. hi everybody,

i have a txt file with list of various link from soundcloud like this:
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-serginho-ptc/kate-perry-dark-horse-funk-dj
    https://soundcloud.com/teamrcklss/katy-perry-black-horse-stevie

i want download batch all mp3 audio file. how to?
    i have try with:

yt-dlp --download-archive "filename.txt"
    yt-dlp --batch-download "filename.txt"

and also other string but nothing work for me
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by whs912km View Post
    how to?
    Update ytdlp to the latest version and just use
    Code:
    yt-dlp.exe -a filename.txt
    Quote Quote  
  13. wow very fast reply! thanks so much. it work fine

and you know how rip live audio from here? it's a free web radio. i need to download about 20-30 minutes ...

https://www.radiomontecarlo.net/sezioni/11020/rmc-buddha-bar-monte-carlo-radio
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by whs912km View Post
    you know how rip live audio from here? it's a free web radio. i need to download about 20-30 minutes ...

https://www.radiomontecarlo.net/sezioni/11020/rmc-buddha-bar-monte-carlo-radio
    30 minutes:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i https://icy.unitedradio.it/rmcweb002 -to 00:30:00 -c copy output.mp3
    Quote Quote  
  15. cool jagabo, thanks a lot !

and it's possible delegate to aria2 ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by whs912km View Post
    and it's possible delegate to aria2 ?
    It's a live stream so you can't download faster than it's being broadcast. But yes, you can use it like this:

Code:
    aria2c --stop=1800 -o output.mp3 https://icy.unitedradio.it/rmcweb002
    Last edited by jagabo; 14th Jul 2022 at 11:59.
    Quote Quote  
  17. wow jagabo, nice one

anyway you'right, same speed as ffmpeg. but thanks a lot for your post
    Quote Quote  
  18. play your radio
    open dev tool network
    filter for Media (right side from search field)
    copy link address and download with your preferred download manager (like IDM or yt-dlp)
    when your are satisfy, stop download and rename dowloaded file as .mp3
    Last edited by lomero; 15th Jul 2022 at 02:19.
    Quote Quote  
  19. wow, another way ...! thanks lomero

it seems that this site has many methods for downloading the stream, only i could not find any!

thank you very much to all guys here
    Quote Quote  
  20. hi there,

i've rip some audio track with ffmpeg, follow jagabo post
    now i need to join this tracks to one file only

with ffmpeg i have used
    Code:
    ffmpeg -f concat -i file.txt -c copy full.mp3
    and on file.txt i have put a list with all my mp3 tracks

but i have this error:
    Code:
    [concat @ 0000000000474880] Line 1: unknown keyword 'C:\webradio\rip'
    file.txt: Invalid data found when processing input
    from txt file i've put mp3 name only (like audio-01.mp3) but also tried with path (C:\webradio\rip\audio-01.mp3)

but seem nothing work ... suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by whs912km View Post
    from txt file i've put mp3 name only (like audio-01.mp3) but also tried with path (C:\webradio\rip\audio-01.mp3)

but seem nothing work ... suggestion?
    Just add "file" before the names in your file.txt.
    Code:
    file audio-01.mp3
    file audio-02.mp3
    Quote Quote  
  22. I think you also need to surround the filenames with ' marks:
    Code:
    file 'audio-01.mp3'
    file 'audio-02.mp3'
    Maybe it's only necessary when there are spaces in the file names.
    Quote Quote  
  23. thanks vegeta, it work !

and thanks jagabo about for your clarification
    Quote Quote  
  24. for the guys here that i want to listen to this wonderful radio, i want to post here 2 simple soltions that discovered:

1) with VLC: open VLC - media - open network stream - add link https://icy.unitedradio.it/rmcweb020
    then from Media save playlist to file. now with simply double click start VLC and play the stream. wonderful

2) with mpv (now my preferred player): make a new txt file. open it and add https://icy.unitedradio.it/rmcweb020
    save. rename as plist.m3u
    make a shortcut to mpv.exe - right click and go to property. on destination field add path to file plist.m3u
    like C:\mpv_folder\mpv.exe C:\plist.m3u
    now with simply double click start mpv and play the stream

a special thanks to lomero for help to find these tricks

i hope this guide may be useful to someone! enjoy guys
    Last edited by whs912km; 19th Jul 2022 at 01:27.
    Quote Quote