VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all. I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

So basically, I upload movie scenes to Youtube and I've recently discovered that Youtube does not give much bitrate to 1080p videos anymore. However you can kinda trick Youtube's encoder into giving it a bit more bitrate if the video has noise/grain.

So I'm looking for a plugin that adds a noticeable amount of noise. I've heard of AddGrainC but don't know how to use it, my avisynth knowledge is pretty bad and I've never been good at understanding how to use the parameters.

If you have a different plugin suggestion that's ok but if you can please show an example of how to use it that would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Something like AddGrainC(2.0, 1.5) The first number is the strength of the luma grain, the second chroma grain. 0 gives no grain, higher numbers give more grain.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddGrainC
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Something like AddGrainC(2.0, 1.5) The first number is the strength of the luma grain, the second chroma grain. 0 gives no grain, higher numbers give more grain.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddGrainC
    Hello again good sir!

I looked into it a little, would you suggest using chroma gain combined with luma but maybe a lower strength chroma? Like maybe luma 20 and chroma 10? Or keep the same?

Also your thoughts on the repeatable grain pattern setting (on or off?) and the constant grain pattern every frame setting (on or off?)
    Last edited by WAusJackBauer; 22nd Nov 2021 at 02:57.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ended up figuring out some settings but once I uploaded it to youtube it looked bad whenever there was motion. All good though cus I contacted my brother and he had an add grain plugin that seems to work well.
    Quote Quote