VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ages since i was into all this.. had a quick look around for handy apps and everything wanted paying for or to install other crap i don't want. What's the handiest way to extract the
    video files from ripped dvd files? I remember being able to mount as virtual disc before (can't rememebr the app) and extract with dvddecrypt but daemon tools doesn't seem to do that. I just want to extract the mpeg2 by title. Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    makemkv is by far the easiest. It'll extract all the individual titles on the disc into different mkv files. No re-encoding, just remuxing and keeping the original MPEG-2 encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just tried it, that is one fantastic little app definitely added to the essential toolbox, thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the DVD is unprotected, you can also use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Point to the desired titleset, chunk 1 (VTS_02_1.VOB in the example for Titleset 2), click yes, name it, if you like, click rip.
    If done, you can remux only to mpg, mkv or other compliant containers, without reencode and no quality loss, or convert single streams like you wish.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	How to rip a movie from DVD (unprotected only).gif
Views:	23
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	61892  

Quote Quote  
  6. Always good to have options, so thanks also
    Quote Quote