VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought this year's basic model of Vidbox and want to covert some Beta and VHS to digital files.
    I have the red, white and yellow plugs in the converter device and a set connected from the TV to the Beta player
    The converter is also linked to my computer with USB.
    BUt when I try to get the video to my laptop nothing is showing.

I was trying to save the digital files on my computer. Is that possible?
    I don't have a DVD recorder plugged into my computer and I am wondering if that could cause the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Note that even if you get it working, the file produced by this device may look worse than the original tape. Good quality transfer of home videos is much more complex than the manufacturers would have you believe.

This review has a video comparison showing some version of VIDBOX. Since they don't use model numbers, I don't know whether this 2016 model matches yours or not.
    https://the-gadgeteer.com/2016/10/06/vidbox-video-conversion-suite-review/

Originally Posted by jodiandes View Post
    I have the red, white and yellow plugs in the converter device and a set connected from the TV to the Beta player
    This sounds like the problem. Your cables should be running straight from the output of the player into the input of the VIDBOX.

I was trying to save the digital files on my computer. Is that possible?
    I don't have a DVD recorder plugged into my computer and I am wondering if that could cause the problem.
    Yes it's possible; that's the purpose of the device. And no, lack of computer DVD drive wouldn't cause this problem.
    Last edited by Brad; 15th Nov 2021 at 16:58.
    My YouTube channel with little clips: vhs-decode, comparing TBC, etc.
    Quote Quote