VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    looking for a small file size portable app i can use to convert vob and hd videos to 3gp or rmvb as i have a cube media box here with a 320x240 3.5inch screen and it only supports these 2 formats
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    DVD Video media are not just "a VOB file", you will have to extract the main movie out of the whole content, e.g. using MakeMKV to get an MKV intermediate file to convert further.

Once you have a single file, I guess the Mobile Media Converter or XMedia Recode could be suitable for your needs.

Please note that 3GPP is only a container format. You will need to know a little more about the constraints of the supported video and audio streams inside. Analyzing working files with MediaInfo.NET will help discovering e.g. Profile@Level values of contained MPEG4 video.

RealMedia (RMVB) is rather outdated and may require tools made by RealMedia to be produced; or try the Easy RealMedia Producer and Editor as alternative GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    DVD Video media are not just "a VOB file", you will have to extract the main movie out of the whole content, e.g. using MakeMKV to get an MKV intermediate file to convert further.

Once you have a single file, I guess the Mobile Media Converter or XMedia Recode could be suitable for your needs.

Please note that 3GPP is only a container format. You will need to know a little more about the constraints of the supported video and audio streams inside. Analyzing working files with MediaInfo.NET will help discovering e.g. Profile@Level values of contained MPEG4 video.

RealMedia (RMVB) is rather outdated and may require tools made by RealMedia to be produced; or try the Easy RealMedia Producer and Editor as alternative GUI.
    thank you Easy RealMedia Producer works
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    looking for a small file size portable app i can use to convert vob and hd videos to 3gp or rmvb as i have a cube media box here with a 320x240 3.5inch screen and it only supports these 2 formats
    Use clever FFmpeg-GUI to multiplex dixv, xvid, x263, avc (x264) video streams and aac audio streams directly to 3gp,
    otherwise convert the streams as needed and then multiplex them to 3gp, all with clever FFmpeg-GUI, newest beta
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/clever_ffmpeg_gui_newest_beta.7z
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    Use clever FFmpeg-GUI to multiplex dixv, xvid, x263, avc (x264) video streams and aac audio streams directly to 3gp,
    otherwise convert the streams as needed and then multiplex them to 3gp, all with clever FFmpeg-GUI, newest beta
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/clever_ffmpeg_gui_newest_beta.7z
    thanks that works much better then Easy RealMedia Producer as that could only convert avi mpg and vob
    Quote Quote