VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Thought I'd pass along something I had trouble finding an answer to online. I've authored lots of home made blu-rays from various digital cameras, downloaded videos, etc. I use DVDFAB of various editions over the years. All of a sudden my latest compilation would play the menu, and then the videos would not play on my old Panasonic DMP-BD75 (that one is my preferred one I use with my home tv), did not play on a SONY BDP-S195, but the videos did play on an LG BP135. The discs also played on my windows 10 PC with various software players.
    I thought maybe a disc compatibility issue as I had recently not been able to find the Memorex 4X discs I had used for a long time, and tried several other brands and speeds. Even tried a new Blu-ray burner.
    Long story short: the videos that would not play when part of an authored blu-ray compilation, had source videos that were 25 FPS (frames per second). Videoinspector, and Potplayer reported the FPS correctly, I note that Mediainfo did NOT report the FPS correctly on some videos.
    The fix was to re-encode the 25FPS to most any other FPS. Seemed like 29.970 gave the least noticeable hiccups.
    So if you make a BD-R and it plays the menu, and then won't play or only some videos play, then check the source videos Frames per second rate, as some stand alone players don't seem to play nice with 25 FPS.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    25 fps should be interlaced for BD standard, otherwise not all players will play. And if your player is for Japan/US/(some other markets) it may not play 25fps (at least Japanese PS3 does not).
    Quote Quote