VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi:

I made a UHD screen recording that is about 120 minutes/2 hours and about 50 Gigabytes. It looks great but when I play it, it will occasionally freeze up for a second or two, and then play. Would UHD software break this down into sections/chunks to make it more "playable" and seamless?

Thanks for stopping by.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    50GB * 1024 = 51200 MB * 8 = 409600 Mb.
    2 Hr * 60 = 120 min * 60 = 7200 sec.
    409600 / 7200 = 56.888 Mbps.

This is a LOT for standard, streamed UHD, though within bounds for UHD/4K BD as HEVC. Is that the codec?
    Also, you mentioned UHD software, and UHD authoring. Not sure which UHD software you are refering to, as there is as yet NO true UHD authoring (though DVDFab & another make bold, misleading claims otherwise). Period.
    The UHD BD spec for recordables has not yet been finalized (will it ever, after 6+ years?), so any quasi-UHD software is a wildwest crapshoot compliance wise, with NO chance of official support.

Can you give us more specifics about your source file(s), e.g. Mediainfo? And what format(s) you are wanting to end up with?

As far as media stuttering, there are lots of factors involved (subsystem bandwidth, codec platform compatibility, buffer settings,...) so finding the weak link(s) might be hard to pin down. Hence the need for more details.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    50GB * 1024 = 51200 MB * 8 = 409600 Mb.
    2 Hr * 60 = 120 min * 60 = 7200 sec.
    409600 / 7200 = 56.888 Mbps.

This is a LOT for standard, streamed UHD, though within bounds for UHD/4K BD as HEVC. Is that the codec?
    Also, you mentioned UHD software, and UHD authoring. Not sure which UHD software you are refering to, as there is as yet NO true UHD authoring (though DVDFab & another make bold, misleading claims otherwise). Period.
    The UHD BD spec for recordables has not yet been finalized (will it ever, after 6+ years?), so any quasi-UHD software is a wildwest crapshoot compliance wise, with NO chance of official support.

Can you give us more specifics about your source file(s), e.g. Mediainfo? And what format(s) you are wanting to end up with?

As far as media stuttering, there are lots of factors involved (subsystem bandwidth, codec platform compatibility, buffer settings,...) so finding the weak link(s) might be hard to pin down. Hence the need for more details.

Scott

I just want to be able to play it back on my desktop without any freezing/locking issues. I'm not uploading it or streaming it.

DVDFab has an authoring program:

https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-creator.htm

[Attachment 61742 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried playing it on another computer/device?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ZackyDog View Post
    Would UHD software break this down into sections/chunks to make it more "playable" and seamless?
    Doubt it, your device is choking. Maybe you need more RAM, a better CPU, different software etc. Maybe you need to restart and kill background processes. Try encoding it to x265 using slow preset in ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZackyDog View Post
    Hi:

I made a UHD screen recording that is about 120 minutes/2 hours and about 50 Gigabytes. It looks great but when I play it, it will occasionally freeze up for a second or two, and then play. Would UHD software break this down into sections/chunks to make it more "playable" and seamless?

Thanks for stopping by.
    DVDLogic BD Wizard is the other consumer pseudo UHD Blu-ray authoring app. (As previously stated, no official standard exists yet for UHD Blu-ray on burned media.)

Also, not all current UHD Blu-ray players support playing BDXL discs, and those that do support BDXL media don't often play more than 2 layers, about 60GB.

BD Wizard can create menus, which DVDFab's app still cannot do as far as I know. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399490-DVDLogic-BD-Wizard-v1-0-released%21 and https://dvd-logic.com/bd_wizard
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Nov 2021 at 00:36. Reason: punctuation
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    Would UHD software break this down into sections/chunks to make it more "playable" and seamless?
    Doubt it, your device is choking. Maybe you need more RAM, a better CPU, different software etc. Maybe you need to restart and kill background processes. Try encoding it to x265 using slow preset in ffmpeg.
    I don't think so. My 4K UHD discs play fine. At one time, so did this 50Gb screen-recorded movie.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hi:

Thanks for stopping by.
    DVDLogic BD Wizard is the other consumer pseudo UHD Blu-ray authoring app. (As previously stated, no official standard exists yet for UHD Blu-ray on burned media.)

Also, not all current UHD Blu-ray players support playing BDXL discs, and those that do support BDXL media don't often play more than 2 layers, about 60GB.

BD Wizard can create menus, which DVDFab's app still cannot do as far as I know. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399490-DVDLogic-BD-Wizard-v1-0-released%21 and https://dvd-logic.com/bd_wizard
    Interesting; I'll have to look into it. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    I don't think so. My 4K UHD discs play fine. At one time, so did this 50Gb screen-recorded movie.
    You should have led with this, as it is quite important. If the same title played ok before, either the clip changed or the playback environment changed. Follow those paths to troubleshoot.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    You should have led with this, as it is quite important. If the same title played ok before, either the clip changed or the playback environment changed. Follow those paths to troubleshoot.

Scott

I should have, but I didn't. Please forgive me, Scott.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No problem. We live and learn. Let us know what you find down those paths.

Scott
    Quote Quote