VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

I have this question which I've asked on other forums but never received an answer to, so hopefully someone can help me here?

I’ve been trying to tweak various videos I have in the old 4:3 format (PAL & NTSC) but the rendered outputs are all elongated a bit more at the sides, making the characters fatter?

It’s happening no matter which FX I use. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    Hi there

I have this question which I've asked on other forums but never received an answer to, so hopefully someone can help me here?

I’ve been trying to tweak various videos I have in the old 4:3 format (PAL & NTSC) but the rendered outputs are all elongated a bit more at the sides, making the characters fatter?

It’s happening no matter which FX I use. Any suggestions?
    Easy

1 - Open Vegas, File, Properties and check like screenshot (Choose your desired resolution)

2 - File, Render As

You will have Full 1080p 4:3 aspect Ratio, no fatter image.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm afraid that doesn't answer my question. However, I have discovered through using another program that some of the NTSC videos I tried are not 720x480 but actually 638x480! It seems many other programs including Vegas, VLC, & MediaInfo don't tell me that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Easy to solve.

Do you want the correct resolution? Use the MEDIAINFO program. It comes too built-in to some players like MPC and VLC has its own.

It's now 2 pixels less which doesn't change anything if you use 640x480.
    Quote Quote  
  5. As you will see above I used MediaInfo but even it didn't give the correct info?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    As you will see above I used MediaInfo but even it didn't give the correct info?
    Use mediainfo to find the specs of your source file. Put it into text view and post the info here
    Quote Quote