VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, or if I say something uninformed. I have an PAL DVD video that I would like to convert to 23.976fps progressive. I've tried using many different plugins in avisynth, and while I have managed to remove the combing I can't seem to remove the blended frames/ghosting. I've tried plugins like Srestore (did nothing) and Restore24(couldn't manage to get this one to work at all). I'm new to using avisynth so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, help would be appreciated.

Here's an example of what I meanImage
    [Attachment 61689 - Click to enlarge]

And Here's a video sample:sample.mkv

Also, if anyone knows a good way to remove the halos/ringing as shown on the side of this character's face, that would also be helpful-I've tried DeHalo_Alpha and it doesn't quite do the job.
    [Attachment 61687 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's a really poor conversion. Full of blending, torn frames (top part one film frame, bottom part another), oversharpening halos, etc. Throw it out. There are much better sources of that show.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's a really poor conversion. Full of blending, torn frames (top part one film frame, bottom part another), oversharpening halos, etc. Throw it out. There are much better sources of that show.
    Huh. I also have the NTSC release, is this salvageable? ntsc_sample.mkv

The reason I'm even bothering with this is because while these movies were remastered in HD 16:9, the 4:3 "open matte" versions are stuck on DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Salior moon has also been relessed on Blu-ray
    Quote Quote  
  5. Huh. I also have the NTSC release,
    You should've gone with this one in the first plac-

@Zeruel84 can you first demux video correctly with mpeg2cut2. i cannot get it to work with virtualdub
    Last edited by rrats; 8th Nov 2021 at 06:23.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Huh. I also have the NTSC release,

@Zeruel84 can you first demux video correctly with mpeg2cut2. i cannot get it to work with virtualdub
    I tried that but the output seems to be corrupted
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Zeruel84 View Post
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Huh. I also have the NTSC release,

I tried that but the output seems to be corrupted
    can you send me the output?
    Quote Quote