VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Freelance scientist Chemist116's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I want to record and capture my desktop and all that sorts. Up to now I've been using Bandicam, but the free version doesn't allow recording for long periods. Thus I've been wondering if there is some foss alternative to this?. I tried to use ffmpeg before but it uses too much ram to the point that my laptop (which it has only 2gb of ram by the way) gets too slow and it doesn't work well. I haven't encountered this problem with Bandicam. This latter program has nice features like you can add some click sound when you do that on the computer. Although in the free version the output video has that logo pasted in front, which I don't like.

But my requirement is that it can also display which keys I'm pressing and perhaps adding some highlight around the mouse pointer when I click something. Bandicam has not this feature so I thought you guys might know something that I could use on a limited ram and processor. It would also be nice if the output can be a gif. Thus does someone know a software that I can use?.
    Quote Quote  
  2. https://www.videohelp.com/software/Open-Broadcaster-Software

Your problem with ffmpeg was probably caused by the video encoder you were using. Try a different encoder or faster settings with the one you were using.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Aiseesoft Screen Recorder, it's affordable, and works wonders. But is isn't FLOSS.
    Quote Quote