VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Thread
  1. Anyone tried passthrough with DMR-EZ28K ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rgr View Post
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Originally Posted by rgr View Post

* - I was a bit surprised that it records in 704x576 and not 720x576
    704+black borders is normal for Panasonics
    Well, the successors of ES10 already recorded in 720x576 (DMR-EH57 etc.).
    I assume that those with HDMI output would record in 720x576.
    But how is it output on the S-Video OUT? As 704+2*8 sidebars, or as 720x576 filled with picture content?
    MPEG2 (HDD/DVD) also records in 720x576.
    PAR (HDMI output) is exactly the same as ES10 with its 704x576 (12:11). Of course DAR is different.

Screenshots with PAR 1:1.
    No big surprise.
    Your ES10 screenshot is the 704x576 picture expanded by SAR 12/11 -> 768x576 (your screenshot 1)
    The EH585 HDMI picture got deinterlaced, slightly cropped on the left (about 8 pixels into the active picture) and padded (or overscanned) to 720 adding black borders, then expanded by SAR 12/11 -> 785x576 (your screenshot 2).
    As a capture and master for postprocessing I prefer the interlaced ES10 version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Thermaltake View Post
    wow it really clears the picture and stabilize it.
    Remember that the quality of both frames is not comparable, because the ES10 frame is interlaced and the EH585 frame is deinterlaced (which improves its quality). The images were only to show aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    MPEG2 (HDD/DVD) also records in 720x576.
    PAR (HDMI output) is exactly the same as ES10 with its 704x576 (12:11). Of course DAR is different.

Screenshots with PAR 1:1.
    No big surprise.
    Your ES10 screenshot is the 704x576 picture expanded by SAR 12/11 -> 768x576 (your screenshot 1)
    The EH585 HDMI picture got deinterlaced, slightly cropped on the left (about 8 pixels into the active picture) and padded (or overscanned) to 720 adding black borders, then expanded by SAR 12/11 -> 785x576 (your screenshot 2).
    Yes.

As a capture and master for postprocessing I prefer the interlaced ES10 version.
    Right. Unfortunately, my HDMI grabber cannot capture interlaced video. But you don't lose much, because I see Panasonic makes quite a simple and reversible deinterlace. When the OSD is on the screen, it looks even better than QTGMC with default settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by rgr View Post
    Remember that the quality of both frames is not comparable, because the ES10 frame is interlaced and the EH585 frame is deinterlaced (which improves its quality). The images were only to show aspect ratio.
    So If I capture with ES10 passthrough with JVC S9760E picture quality should be better ? As I see on most comparison here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Thermaltake View Post
    So If I capture with ES10 passthrough with JVC S9760E picture quality should be better ? As I see on most comparison here.
    Yes. Just do it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Yes. Just do it.
    Do I need to turn off all enhancements on my vcr like video stabilization, tbc and B.E.S.T when I connect ES10 ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Turn off video stabilization, it works terrible. BEST on + mode: edit (just below BEST setting).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by rgr View Post
    Turn off video stabilization, it works terrible. BEST on + mode: edit (just below BEST setting).
    Thank. And TBC will turn off on it's own when I connect passthrough or I need to do it manually ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Got dvd player today ES10 but need to recap to whole PSU unite, it has 2 leaked and 1 buldged cap. It's working but funny working.

EDIT:
    Ordered all caps, going to replace all 13 caps on power supply board. And two funny RJX and RJF caps on motherboard, hoping after that everything will be ok, I clean the player, clean the lens everything looks great now inside, except those caps that needs replacement.
    Last edited by Thermaltake; 13th Apr 2024 at 17:12.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thank. And TBC will turn off on it's own when I connect passthrough or I need to do it manually ?
    And I don't know that. It's best to download the manual, it is generally useful to read the "Playback" section. Perhaps in models with TBC the "video stabilizer" option refers to the TBC.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok, will do. Thanks.
    Last edited by Thermaltake; 15th Apr 2024 at 13:04.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Ok, will do.

I noticed something on my VCR while digitalizing tapes. When my VCR is cold and when I insert tape to record same tape that I record the day after when VCR was hot, it record it without any sutter or maybe just one stutter in like hour maybe even without any. Why is that ? Could it be that capacitors are weak or something ?
    This is not the right section to post for VCR problems, This is for DVD recorders.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Ok, will do.

I noticed something on my VCR while digitalizing tapes. When my VCR is cold and when I insert tape to record same tape that I record the day after when VCR was hot, it record it without any sutter or maybe just one stutter in like hour maybe even without any. Why is that ? Could it be that capacitors are weak or something ?
    This is not the right section to post for VCR problems, This is for DVD recorders.
    Sorry my bad.
    Quote Quote