VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You do make it sound very simple. Thanks for the instruction.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Post #30 I mentioned Aegisub - I have discovered that I can get the waveform to show if I 'launch the audio file'. However, unlike Subtitle Edit, the windows are not dockable, and the subs displayed in the video are not legible - that limits its usefulness. Subtitle Edit does not have the 'launch audio file', so I'm still unable to get the waveform to show. I discovered Visual Sync and include a screenshot of it here. It has two values each for the first and the last dialog, so that may be the information I was asked to supply. Can we progress now ?
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/275616/Race.PNG
    Quote Quote  
  3. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps https://www.videohelp.com/software/VisualSubSync may help you better as is easier to use.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Easier to use ? Visual subsync runs in 32bits - that is a great advantage to me as my 'normal' system is 32bits;
    It opens projects, not files; and complains that it can't open WAV file; also claimed it could not write to a destination that it prompted itself.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sebastian42 View Post
    Easier to use ? Visual subsync runs in 32bits - that is a great advantage to me as my 'normal' system is 32bits;
    It opens projects, not files; and complains that it can't open WAV file; also claimed it could not write to a destination that it prompted itself.
    You get started by file/new project
    There you can load the video, audio (if separate) and the SRT
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your encouragement; I've been able to get a waveform and the video to display simultaneously, but unlike the other programs, not the subtitles IN THE VIDEO. View menu - Show/hide subtitles - ticking or unticking makes no difference. For a different movie the first few subtitles get displayed line by line, but they do not 'progress' as in the other programs. I have found instructions at https://www.visualsubsync.org/tutorials/synchro-transcript. I can hear the sound track, and am at a loss where to go from here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sebastian42 View Post
    Thank you for your encouragement; I've been able to get a waveform and the video to display simultaneously, but unlike the other programs, not the subtitles IN THE VIDEO. View menu - Show/hide subtitles - ticking or unticking makes no difference. For a different movie the first few subtitles get displayed line by line, but they do not 'progress' as in the other programs. I have found instructions at https://www.visualsubsync.org/tutorials/synchro-transcript. I can hear the sound track, and am at a loss where to go from here.
    I cannot advise you further on VisualSubSync, I've never used it before. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have no need for it because
    I use a different method to time the subs, I don't need to visualize the wave forms, or "see" the subs in the video within the program.
    This method is legit though, you just have to get used to that way of working. Perhaps somebody who actually knows the program will help.

What do you mean your "Normal" system is 32 bits? Either you have a 32 bit version of Windows installed or you don't
    Quote Quote